Jim Daly Memorial APR 2012

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

see below - poted on Braveheart today

Get the suncream out for the annual heat wave at the race formerly known as the Barmill APR Worlds.

Renamed the Jim Daly Memorial this year. Run under TLI rules.

Where : Barmill, Beith

Exactly Where : Barmill Village Hall

When : Saturday 21st April, 10am start, sign on by 9.30am, hall opens 9am

What : APR Road Race with dubious groupings, 4 groups about 20 each.

Who : All categories

How much : £6 TLI members, £10 non TLI members

How many : 80 riders, first come first served.

How do I get in ?

- get entry form from TLI web site and post it to me (Riverside, Burnfoot Rd, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, PA12 4AN)

- email me at [email protected] with a commit to ride and you can fill in forms / pay on the day.

*** YOU MUST GIVE ME INFORMATION ON AGE, CATEGORY, EXPERIENCE AND RESULTS OTHERWISE THE GROUPINGS WILL BE VERY DUBIOUS AND NOT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE ***

Finally let me know if you are not able to make it after entering as event was over subscribed last year and I can give your place to someone else.

cheers

Paul McDonald (Johnstone Wheelers)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dear all

Thanks to those who have already volunteered to help with the JD memorial race. I have made up a list of various tasks where help would be much appreciated. If you can volunteer for any of these I would appreciate any help and I will start putting names in the frame below. I have an anonymous donation which I plan to use for photo finish and trophy.

Buy a trophy Anyone live or work near a trophy shop! To get trophy in range £50-£100. Organise engraving etc.

First aid provision Anyone qualified and has a first aid kit?

2nd car Anyone want to drive a 2nd car /service car – I probably have a lead car already

Liaise photo finish Meet the guys before race , agree finish line, spray paint line (I have paint)

Marshall Junction 1

Marshall Junction 2

Marshall Junction 3

Marshall Junction 4

Food Donations welcome - I also usually buy cakes, biscuits, juice, milk, coffee etc. in the supermarket and take on day.

Admin 1 I need 3 people in the hall for the hour beforehand to help with sign on, giving out numbers etc.

Admin 2

Admin 3

Thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Tom

Thanks, however I have a trophy 'commissioned' from a bespoke trophy maker which will have the JWCC crest incorporated. From this website www.thesprocketman.com

Also - I have some helpful chap at North Ayrshire council who is checking out and patching up the pot holes

Also - photo finish this year to place all entrants

so going up in the world :grin:

PMcD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Greg

I put all the wheelers down first who wanted to race, then went 'public'. I now have 80 riders and 10 reserves. Have since published the list on Braveheart so sorry don't think I could really sneak you in now, would be a bit unfair

cheers

Paul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Allison

Hope all well with you,

Don't know the actual postcode but the HQ is the Barrmill Village Hall, Barrmill near Beith, Ayrshire.

Its a very small village so you can't miss the hall. Would be great to see you there, perhaps you could set off the groups or something but only if you want to,

Paul

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help at the Jim Daly Memorial next Saturday.

I would like to put some names in the frames for the various jobs and would appreciate if you can confirm or otherwise.

Marshall on corners (4 reqd)

Colin, Ramsay, Mike, Ian McG (would be asking you to take responsibility for one corner albeit you can get a spell from Jan or Kenny C, see below,

Jan and Kenny C could potentially be floating marshals and could give some of you a spell to go a wee cycle round the course,

Photo finish liaison

Darryl

Admin x 3 in hall from 9 to 10 am

Billy, Charlie and Paul C

Kenny S - You had mentioned possibly doing a lead car - is this still possible?

I have a car organised but really need 2.

Jan - thanks for the offer of grub, any supplies would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to do some food that would be grand - I only ask you let me know - just so I know how much to get at Tesco beforehand.

thank you

Oh ya dancer !