Reliability #3 - Sunday 20th February Sinclair Street

KennyS

I'm currently a maybe for the 10:00 bunch....sinus's playing up yet again and consequently felt rank rotten middle of the week, not too bad now but will decide in the morning.

If I don't see youse have a great run.

D

Should have probably been a "no" - thanks to all for waiting at the bridge, though you didn't need to.

Cheers,

Davie

Hi,

How many miles did you cycle (could not open up the route)? When did you get back to the clubhouse?

I was wondering, since a Sunday morning cycle is always going to be difficult for me to make, whether anyone would consider going out in the afternoon, say for a 2pm start? Maybe after a soup and sandwich lunch! Just for future you understand.

Regards

James

9:30 bunch report.

The small (5) but perfectly formed bunch left the club sharp and picked up two more at the bridge.

Maintained a brisk pace with no mechanicals and caught the 9 am bunch at Bowling on the way back.

Lindsay won four of the 30 sign sprints (i think a dope test is needed!!). Chung and James got one each. I admired their efforts from behind.

Funniest moment : Darryl's comment about the 'rim'.

Thanks to Jan for the soup and Darryl's missus for the sticky things.

PC

9:30 bunch report.

The small (5) but perfectly formed bunch left the club sharp and picked up two more at the bridge.

Maintained a brisk pace with no mechanicals and caught the 9 am bunch at Bowling on the way back.

Lindsay won four of the 30 sign sprints (i think a dope test is needed!!). Chung and James got one each. I admired their efforts from behind.

Funniest moment : Darryl's comment about the 'rim'.

Thanks to Jan for the soup and Darryl's missus for the sticky things.

PC

Sorry I wasn't able to hook up with you all today - I got to Old Kilpatrick just after 1000 and probably just missed you. Thought I might spy a Wheeler at some point but not a Grupetto in sight and it was Balloch before I hooked up with Alan for a bit. Felt like I was flying outward but the headwind made it a tough return without the benefit of the Bunch - character building etc, etc.

Brian

The early group had a great run and was well attended by the '30 milers' group. Our finishing grupetto did about 55 miles, our furthest to date, this year.

Great to see James MacDonald back in form. Most interesting point today was James' new 'variable aerodynamic bars' which he was trying out - new one on me - but I think the adjuster palaver needs some redesign. Good to see some new technical ideas though.

Cheers for the soup Jan!