Clubroom Clearout - Saturday 8th January

KennyS

Following the recent excitement with the burst pipes we need as many volunteers as possible for a complete clear-out of the clubrooms on Saturday morning.

It's not going to be pleasant work. A combination of flood damaged fixtures / fittings and other items that have accumulated over the years. Wheelbarrows and rubble bags are the order of the day

Looking to start latest 9:00am. With enough bodies we should have it done by lunchtime.

If you want to clear your own stuff away before then it would be helpful.

There is an emergency committee planned for Thursday evening 7pm onwards if you require access. Access may also be available on Tuesday evening via Ian McGinty.

If you need keys outwith these times please give me a call or contact a keyholder

KennyS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was hoping to have got hold of a gas engineer with a view of taking him/her along to the clubrooms tonight to have a look at the damage to the boiler, but as yet have been unable to get one, so won't be at clubrooms tonight.....

Anyone wishing to pick up equipment, we will be there on Thurs night for sure... Keep an eye on site for times...

Cheers Ian...

Kenny/Ian,

Firstly, I can't make Saturday, but I can make a start on Friday night if you tell me what the plan is. Do we need any tools for the work; generator, lights etc? Let me know and I'll get them there before Saturday. Do you need a skip? If so, give me a phone asap.

Secondly, we have some (limited) storage space in our new Paisley building for important stuff and I can store the club bikes at the shop, if necessary.

Lastly, if you need somewhere more inviting for the meeting on Thursday night, you can use a room at the MPS Construction centre. I won't be there, but I can arrange for it to be available. Let me know asap. I am travelling down south tomorrow, so please phone rather than email.

W

If the clubrooms are still out of commission next week and beyond, any turbo protagonists can join Johnny and me at the MPS Construction centre in Floors Street, Johnstone on Tuesday and Thursday nights, usual time. We have heating, flushing toilets and other posh stuff like that! We have some storage space for turbos and bikes, if you need/want to leave them. If you need further info, give me a phone or text on 07772226530.

W

Hi,

I hope to be there on Saturday, but if not, if there are any clothes being thrown out (wet or otherwise) please put them to one side and I will collect for the charity. (Condition is not important as we get paid by weight.)

I guess we are talking shovel rather than mop in this weather, or are there some blow heaters being used?

James