Tour of Flanders Sportive 2011 - NEW THREAD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Committee

Billy

Very kind but I am planning to bring another car! It would not be fair of me to squeeze in after you guys have committed and made all the bookings.

I have booked a twin room in the same hotel for the two nights and I am about to book a ferry.

I would like to split costs with one, two or three others if possible. I have asked a few folk, you know who you are!

If any club members would like to join me please PM/post here.

Regards

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

Great that yourself and Jim are joining us. If Jim is going we really will need to start some serious training!! ;-)

Looking like there will be a 14 strong JWCC bunch riding through the Belgian roads in early April! Should be a great sight! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer ! Hope everyone has their full club kit for the occasion.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

The route is now out. Haven't traced it yet, but it is at the link here:

http://sport.be.msn.com/cyclingtour/ron ... s/260.html

Have noticed that there are only 15 hills/bergs/muurs! I though I had read somewhere that there were 5 additional hills, on top of the normal 17.

Oh yeah, it's only 258km, not 260km!!

:grin:Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

To the fearsome Fanders fifteen (and in particular those in my car)

I built up the budget Halfords Roof mounted cycle carrier this afternoon and gave it a short test run. Seems fine. See link below

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165515

I will give it a full test next weekend as I am going to Lincoln and will take a winter bike on it.

We will need to organise a fitting session as it takes a bit of time to set it up to match the roof bar spacing.

Plan for my car is

4 bodies in car

4 kit bags in boot

4 bikes on these carriers (or similar) - I have the roof bars

Kerry oot in an undisclosed place

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl - You missed KennyC off the list! 15 in total.

Alan, Greg & Jim. Can you confirm that you have entered and don't need added to the group entry?

I may also have a practice roof rack session this week. Davie, did you have two bike racks that are available? If so, I may try and arrange to pop down this weekend to try them. PM me if you have a spare 30mins this weekend.

P.S. - Paul. I meant to ask who Kerry is and why she is not getting a proper seat? :grin:Hello, beer !!

Guest Jim Daly

Everyone that fancies it should come up to West End this Friday, aiming for around 7.

Now have a screen for finer point of Spring Classic strategies/tactics

We could put into practice on Sunday :smash

Please post or pm, if you can make it. I'll reply with address and mobile

I'm at the corner of Dowanside Rd and Dowanhill St, close to lively amenities, inc beer n curry supplies

Should be possible to combine transport by taxi, car, whatever...

Jim Hello, beer !!

• 2024 Subscriptions
Everyone that fancies it should come up to West End this Friday, aiming for around 7.

Now have a screen for finer point of Spring Classic strategies/tactics

We could put into practice on Sunday :smash

Please post or pm, if you can make it. I'll reply with address and mobile

I'm at the corner of Dowanside Rd and Dowanhill St, close to lively amenities, inc beer n curry supplies

Should be possible to combine transport by taxi, car, whatever...

Jim Hello, beer !!

Great, I'll be there. Who else?

Has anyone got the DvD of Flanders? I've got a video, but that's too old school I think (Jim hasn't got a VCR)

Darryl

Billy - looks like your really looking forward to the night at the pics :-P

Jim - still a maybe as my plans still have to be mapped out for me ala Billy Mac, will let you know nearer the time.

As for the weekend Flanders training ride don't think I'll be there as I start anti-biotics today to hopefully kill this sinus infection off and though the doc says I can train I don't think a kicking is the way to go. Might go out with the 09:30 bunch for the miles and hope they go easy on me.

Davie