Tour of Flanders Sportive 2011 - NEW THREAD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll be there. Whaur's the party, then?:icon_yes

Paul, do you want a lift? Pick you up at 6.30? I'm not going to be too late, as I have a busy weekend. Ya-a-aawwnnn

Met vriendelijke groeten (Kind Regards!)

Ramsay

P.S. - It's not going to be long before we need to start a new new thread! :grin::shock:Hello, beer !!

• Committee

ramsay/all

Just to confirm that Jim, Greg and I will make our own entry arrangements for the event. I have already entered.

The only problem is that we might get split at the start if we have to start by entry number but I suspect we are going to lose a few clubmates anyway amongst the 17000 :shock: riders.

In the GF Campagnolo my mate punctured in the first 500m. Do you think I waited while a bunch of 5000 sped past? :grin:

See you Friday for intense discussion.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan,

I have entered Greg into our group entry, as I was under the impression that you and Jim had entered yourselves. It's not too late for me to get you two in the group entry though, if you haven't already

Can discuss Friday.

Cheers,

R

Paul - See you 6.30

• 2023 Subscriptions
ramsay/all

Just to confirm that Jim, Greg and I will make our own entry arrangements for the event. I have already entered.

The only problem is that we might get split at the start if we have to start by entry number but I suspect we are going to lose a few clubmates anyway amongst the 17000 :shock: riders.

In the GF Campagnolo my mate punctured in the first 500m. Do you think I waited while a bunch of 5000 sped past? :grin:

See you Friday for intense discussion.

Alan

All we need to do is get up at the same time and arrive at the start together.

The Belgians don't worry about numbers and starting order. Basically you join a queue of about 3k riders in barriered-off streets leading up to Bruges main square. Last time we were waiting behind a guy with a Celtic FC backpack :shock::-?

When you get to the front of the line you roll up on to the giant stage set up for the pros the next day, get your brevet stamped and then roll out into the flanders dawn. Simple and as laid back as that, so we should be able to start proceedings as a bunch.

The other 15 - 17000 riders are starting in Ninove, riding the short version.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

All,

Here's a link to some info on the ToF (RVV), following some discussions on Friday night (thanks again Jim! Hello, beer !! )

http://sport.be.msn.com/cyclingtour/ron ... ischeinfo/

Been trying my roof bars and bike racks at the weekend. I may struggle to get four bikes on, but if so, then will have room for one inside. Would maybe suggest that all drivers check they can actually get four bikes on their roofs!

Kenny, Davie & Richard - I'll PM you over the next few days to get someones driving licence details as a reserve driver(s), so I can get it added to European car insurance etc. Will also need to arrange a time to get all racks etc for the car (see above), within the next two or three weeks etc.

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl, Tom and James

I want to arrange a bike fitting session on my roof bars in advance of Flanders to avoid any last minute chllenges.

This is probably best done at my house (tools and spares etc available) or we could meet at say clubrooms.

You will need your 'roof bar mounted bike carrier' and of course the bike you plan to take.

Need to get a time we are all available so I suggest

Friday 11th March 5pm or

Saturday 12th March 5pm

Let me know preferred date and location

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tom, Darryl, James

Very sorry about late change but I did not get may car back from the garage today (much to my disgust as it was promised !) Will not get till Tuesday.

So will need to reschedule the fitting out exercise. Can I suggest next Saturday same time?

Can you confirm you have read this please so I can try to contact you if you have not replied

thanks

Paul

Oh ya dancer !

Paul

I'm away getting some brownie points back next weekend. Taking Mrs to Edinburgh for weekend, things you need to do to get on cycling trips. :grin: I will drop my bike carriers of to you earlier in week, i'm sure you'll have a bike to try for size in place of mine.

James