Tour of Flanders Sportive 2011 - NEW THREAD

Guys,

The original posting is getting a bit confusing, I have went through all the old posts and come up with this as the plan at present in terms of travel and accomodation:

CAR 1: Ramsay plus Davie, Kenny & Richard

1 x Triple room has been booked via myself.

Car 2: Paul plus Tom, James and Darryl

2 x Triple rooms booked via Darryl

Car 3: Charlie plus Billy, Martin and Al

2 x Twin rooms booked via Billy

So in total 12 have confirmed for transport and we have 13 rooms booked.

Is this right? Apologies if I have missed anyone.

Can all now confirm if space on the ferries have been booked for all, and if anybody is now owed money shout up.

Cheers,

Davie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Car 2 now booked on 6.30pm ferry from Hull on Thus 31st March and returning on Sunday 3rd April 7pm.

Booked for

me

Darryl

Tom

James

Cost with handling fee etc was £313.something. Say £78 each.

Darryl - Suggest we sort it our later as accommodation was about same.

James / Tom - Suggest bank transfer if ok with you - please pm me and I can give you bank details.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2024 Subscriptions
Car 2 now booked on 6.30pm ferry from Hull on Thus 31st March and returning on Sunday 3rd April 7pm.

Booked for

me

Darryl

Tom

James

Cost with handling fee etc was £313.something. Say £78 each.

Darryl - Suggest we sort it our later as accommodation was about same.

James / Tom - Suggest bank transfer if ok with you - please pm me and I can give you bank details.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Well done that man. For the record, our accomodation is two triple rooms @ 380 Euro (excl tax). Breakfast is extra as well. I do not have to pay until we get there, so I'm not out of pocket Paul. Send me your details and I'll get the money to you pronto!

Let's just hope we can actually get out on the bike before the event :lol:

DG

• 2023 Subscriptions

Car 3 (aka the Largs express) now fully booked. McCusker, McDonald, Yuille and Mulhooligan.

£300 quid to split 4 ways.

P&O ferries, Outward journey

Route Hull - Zeebrugge

check-in opens Thu 31 Mar 2011 14:00

boarding commences Thu 31 Mar 2011 16:30

Latest check-in Thu 31 Mar 2011 17:00

Sailing time Thu 31 Mar 2011 18:30

Arrival time Fri 01 Apr 2011 07:45

Options 1 x Premier 4 Berth Inside

Return journey

Route Zeebrugge - Hull

check-in opens Sun 03 Apr 2011 14:30

boarding commences Sun 03 Apr 2011 17:00

Latest check-in Sun 03 Apr 2011 17:30

Sailing time Sun 03 Apr 2011 19:00

Arrival time Mon 04 Apr 2011 09:00

Options 1 x Premier 4 Berth Inside

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for the summary Davie. It was getting slightly confusing! :shock:

Following a snowchain clad wife rescue in deepest Renfrewshire I have now booked Car 1 on to the ferry, for Muirhead, Christie, Borland and Montague. Same details as Martin posted and same price - £300. (Not sure how/why Paul got charged the extra £13!?!) We will need to take our own food on, or buy it on board.

Off to complete the entry form now. Think I have everyone's details, including all the Sunday names (William, Kenneth, David, Charles, Thomas, Alasdair etc..) :lol:

Will let you know when we are entered.

Cheers,

R

Richard,

If you spent less time fitting mudguards and more time reading the threads you will have noticed that accomodation for 13 has already been booked. So unless somebody out of the 12 confirmed as going wants to take up 2 beds (perhaps one for the bike) you should be OK :-P

There is no upfront charge for the accomodation so no monies owing at present, from recollection it is about 70 odd euro each.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

:icon_yes:icon_yes:icon_yes It's official. The Johnstone Wheelers entry for the 2011 Tour of Flanders (260km sportive) has been sent. Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Because it is an overseas account and in Euros, I will get the bank to transfer the money tomorrow. I will then use the bank's exchange rate to work out how much everyone owes me (that means I don't make or lose money on the exchange rate). I'll PM you all to let you know my details and how much, including ferry money as appropriate.

I guess all we need to do now is get fit and get there on time! :shock:

Can't wait for my beer and chips at the end!! Hello, beer !!

Cheers,

R

P.S. - Thought I should let you know what you have signed up to, so here are the entry terms and conditions:

Terms and conditions

By signing up, the participant declares to agree with the conditions mentioned below.

1. Participation is only valid after payment of the registration fee.

2. Participants, who register in advance, but do not pay, will have to pay the higher day registration tariff when they pick up their runner's pack. Only participants who can prove on the day that they paid in advance will be excluded from this arrangement.

3. In case of non-participation, regardless of reason, the participant is not entitled to reimbursement of the registration fee or conversion to another Sportinez event on another date.

4. Participants, who want to pass on their registration for an event to another person, will pay €2 administrative costs on the spot. The same goes for participants who want to change their distance on the day of the event. If the new distance costs more, the difference will be charged.

5. Supposing the event cannot take place due to exceptional circumstances, the participant can register free of cost for the next edition of that same event. The organizer cannot be obligated to reimburse the registration fee.

6. Participating requires a good health. The participant declares to comply with this condition. The organization advises the participant to conduct a sport medical examination at a recognized sports medicine.

7. The identification tag has to be fixed on the handlebar of your bike, during the event.

8. The organisation is not responsible for loss and/or theft of personal objects of the participant.

9. All information of the participants is destined for Golazo. It is allowed to be passed on to parties connected by matter of contract with Golazo. The law of December 8th 1992 concerning the protection of individual privacy with regard to data processing provides the right of access to the data and the correction herein. Through your participation to the event you declare to agree to a possible use of your photograph in print, film, video etc for promotional purposes of Golazo, without claiming a compensation for this.

• Members
Richard,

If you spent less time fitting mudguards and more time reading the threads you will have noticed that accomodation for 13 has already been booked. So unless somebody out of the 12 confirmed as going wants to take up 2 beds (perhaps one for the bike) you should be OK :-P

There is no upfront charge for the accomodation so no monies owing at present, from recollection it is about 70 odd euro each.

Davie, I knew about the accommodation for 13 and delayed payment but needed confirmation cos it all seemed a bit *too* easy - everything has been taken care of and I've not lifted a finger. :oops: Thanks to all the researchers and organisers and booker-uppers.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well done Ramsay! 8-)

I wonder if we have got enough accomodation. We agreed to book this by car- 4 beds per car. Martin and co are ok. But your car seems one short. I was only able to book 2 triple rooms, but apparently one of them is for single use only. If the hotel insisted we stick to this, then Richard would not have a bed! Having said that, I think it will be ok, but I thought I'd mention it.

Darryl

• Members

Ah-ha! I knew that was too easy. :grin:

Darryl, could you do me a favour, please - email the hotel and ask if another person can be accommodated in the second triple room. If they say no, I'll book my own room ASAP. It's just going to cause problems if I end up staying in a different hotel.

This is where everyone is staying, yes?

http://www.eurobookings.com/brugge-hote ... 4Qod2Ryblg

Ta,

R.

• 2024 Subscriptions
Ah-ha! I knew that was too easy. :grin:

Darryl, could you do me a favour, please - email the hotel and ask if another person can be accommodated in the second triple room. If they say no, I'll book my own room ASAP. It's just going to cause problems if I end up staying in a different hotel.

This is where everyone is staying, yes?

http://www.eurobookings.com/brugge-hote ... 4Qod2Ryblg

Ta,

R.

Richard,

I have changed the booking. We are now 2 rooms for 5 people. New price is 416 Euro which works out at 83 Euro (and change) pp.

Hello, beer !!

DG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Have you all seen the article in this weeks Comic? All about riding the Tour of Flanders Sportive last year.

Apparently it's "not for the faint hearted", and that is the 150km route they are talking about!!! :shock::shock:

Hey ho! Training starts this weekend! :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fellow Flanderians

As some of you know every year( bar last year)for the last 9 years I have done an extreme sport for The Beanfeast Charity for Children. To date we have raised over £500000 for various Childrens Charities in Scotland South America And Africa. This year I am fundraising for Kersland School in Paisley & I have decided after having perused all your posts that The Tour of Flanders qualifies as an extreme event. I will be setting up a justgiving site for sponsorship but I thought It would be a good idea to make it a Johnstone Wheelers site riding in aid of Kersland school. All you would have to do is direct your mates colleagues etc to the site to support you. I would need to get a group photo of us all

I appreciate it is alot to ask but if you like the idea could you let me know so I can set up the site.

If you want more info google search Beanfeast Charity for Children or give me a call.

ps Colin Howard has already thrown down the challenge. See his recent post on club runs