DA17

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Also, been thinking a bit more about the maths. There is 5h40m to do the double. So even after a 4 min break you could do it with 2 laps of 2h48m. So given we did a 2h41m today then we should probably ease back a bit on first lap. Conclusion, I am sure there will be a few more DA vets this year. It's easy on paper of course ......

:)

Andy ignore MacBagel he's rambling inanely again. I met him and the Bison on the track this morning and I'm sure he noticed how incredibly lean and fit I'm looking these days, and felt he so bad about life that he suffered a fatal humour bypass later in the day, resulting in chronic grumpyits. Apparently retirement has latent side effects. Added to which his beloved St Mirren will be playing third tier fitba next season. The severe condition causes irrational random verbiage. Sufferers are more to be pitied than scolded, as a former Govan riveter once said.

The ticket guy has the same status as the man from Del Monte. He says YES!!! Personally, I think a beer at the Douglas is better than one on the ferry.

Well done to all who broke their SA duck today. Good going lads. Chapeau to you all.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Congratulations everyone. Fast time. Billy needs to have you do more threshold work to peg me in the 2 minutes you're down. And I still want the strava KoM back... be tough on a Double Arran... 2hrs 36mins required. Should probably go for it on the first lap :)

Ian

Congratulations to you on winning the Moniave APR yesterday!!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

Will depend on 2 things

1) weather being ok, that means light winds and dry

2) enough people being up for it

Can you please post on here if you are up for an attempt on immortality on 29th April, 0700 !

I will if you will...

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's a shame Jan and others who cannot make it, we'll miss youse.

Meantime, it's close to final commit time. Weather at this stage looking near perfect. Light SE wind as opposed to SW wind but that has its plus points too.

I think we need to final commit Wednesday night, for the simple reason I don't think I would go full gas on Thursday knowing what is required on Saturday

An even better excuse than 'team mate in the break' is the 'DA on Saturday'. All the top pro's use it.

Deciphering the thread I think we have,

- Alan to do 99% of first lap with me, Alex, Robbie and Colin in his wake before he heads off in glory and rapturous applause to watch Celtic beat Rangers again,

- then Andy to join us for 2nd lap with Colin in the mibeez aye mibeez naw camp,

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul, I've got my concerns about recovering in time for The Fred. I saw how deep you and the big man had to go to achieve the double and can only imagine the pain. I really want to be going into next week reasonably fresh and not in bits! Any thoughts?