DA17

P McDonald

• Committee

Here is the world famous cut out and keep timing schedule for DA but also applicable to SA.

Print and stick it on your top tube (Paul may wish to custom print on vinyl and preserve under clear coat resin)

To complete the single/double the riders need to pass the key routemarks within a minute or two of the time given from the start. First circuit in first column of times.

Assuming the 0700 ferry allows riders to start at 0800 then simply add 8 hours to all timings. for instance riders should be thundering past the south Ross junction at 0859 on the first circuit and Lochranza peir at 0958. On the second circuit they should reach the north Ross junction by 1111 and so on. I have generously allowed 4 minutes feed stop at the bench and fourteen minutes to check in for 1400 ferry.

There can be a small allowance for wind which is very strong or in an unusual direction but if riders are more than two minutes down on arriving at a point then they are not going hard enough and very unlikely to complete SA/DA. They may wish to Abandon (A) and take the String of Shame if they are late reaching the first String junction or Machrie a few minutes later. I did.

Times have been verified by looking at rides on Strava during low SW winds.

There is a book deal, movie tie-in and a Zwift based version coming soon.

JWCC DA

Ross N

0.15     3.11

Ross S

0.59     3.54

String (A)

1.16     4.11

Machrie (A)

1.29     4.24

Lochranza Peir

1.58     4.53

Sannox sea

2.30     5.25

Bench/Finish

2.51     5.46

• 2023 Subscriptions

Quick roll call for SA on Saturday, post up here

I'll put my name down first.

Usual rules, which means a team effort to get all round in the allotted time, also pace will be maintained at necessary average for SA, and those who have multiple singles under their belt could maybe help ensure any rookies get into the Hall of Fame.

:)