Christmas Drink

Darryl Gunson

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is the plan to remain in one spot for the evening? Had completely forgotten I had agreed to take parents out to a Christmas concert. Will join later and see if I can catch up on the kelp smoothies and Froome style coffees.

• 2023 Subscriptions

well that was a bit of a night. All good intentions had flown out the window by pint 3. All offers of financial support with the exception of Emma are hereby withdrawn. Help the aged and the NHS are already doing a fine job. As for my superlatives re cycling ability the less said the better. My mortal coil this morning is well shot.

• 2023 Subscriptions

always nice to see folks and hatch a few plans. I left just as Charlie was telling us how strong his thighs are, and inviting us to feel them...( ok I might have made that last bit up)

No, you didn't. I heard it too.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Fred Whitton chat concluded the following:

1. those that want to do the official route on 7th May will enter as 4 man teams. So, there is some organisation to be done. I will be applying for one group, but the onus is on the rest to do likewise.

2. there may be a JWCC away day as well. tbc

3. Alex may lead on a charity entry if people don't get on via the team lottery. Again tbc.

Fred Whitton chat concluded the following:

1. those that want to do the official route on 7th May will enter as 4 man teams. So, there is some organisation to be done. I will be applying for one group, but the onus is on the rest to do likewise.

2. there may be a JWCC away day as well. tbc

3. Alex may lead on a charity entry if people don't get on via the team lottery. Again tbc.

Cheers.

So...if we all apply as groups of 4 and every one but one group get in, is that just tough on the guys that don't get in?

I would've thought it might be unlikely that only 4 of us would make the trip down on another weekend?

A big group would be nice.

All for one etc :)

If I read it properly, I think if you're lucky to get in, the payment is taken straight away so it's not as if we could then cancel if we don't all get in? Unless they would refund you.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Yes Ritchie. I see no reason why we couldn't do the official thing if we get in and also the club away day as well. I would do it. Also, as a last resort for a team that failed the normal route, there may be the charity option that Alex said he'd lead on. I haven't myself read the fine detail of that tho.

cheers