Sunday 31st January

Forecast is dreadful for Saturday but almost tropical on Sunday.

Planning to head out via Bowfield and linking onto Barmill circuit to Dalry, Fairlie Moor, Bagel Basket (got to be done) and Brisbane Glen back.

Thinking earlyish start. 930 at club rooms?

Post up if you fancy it.

• Committee

Thanks for the ride. Loads of snow lying at top of Brisbane but otherwise dry with light winds today. This was an unexpectedly good weather window between storms.

James made a strong bid for the mighty Hamock Award/Wheelers Fail of the Year. He punctured after the Fairlie Moor descent. When he took his rear tyre off we were impressed to see 5cm sections of bare cord bulging through the wafer thin ripped  rubber.

To descend the Moor road with that timebomb tyre took real courage. We have photo evidence as well as the testimony of a clinician, a respected lawyer and professor of psychology that James demonstrated the finest attributes of the Wheelers: parsimony bordering on insanity, complete disregard for danger and a single-minded dedication to just getting out on the bike at all costs. It will be hard to beat.

We stuck him on the back of the bunch and pointed him to Fairlie station to catch the next train back to Johnstone. Would love to hear if he cycled the last 4 miles to BoW.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed that. My speed on the decent was 37mph!!. icon_blue_laugh.... bit mental to say the least. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the ride and as I was disappointed to miss the BB. Got the train back to Johnstone and cycled back to BOW along the track. I knew I had a few more miles left on the tread.

New tyres ordered now!!