16th Nov. 09:30 Doon tae Troon.

Paul C

• 2023 Subscriptions

Wee bit of a spill today :-( made it up the road with no drama but in need of new helmet, shorts, leg warmers, bike oh and bran new jwcc gilet :'( gutted.

Very sorry to hear Alan, but if I recall you were looking for an excuse for a new helmet.

Also sounds like Mark had a dodgy moment too.

Hope you both ok

:)

We were bowling along at 20+ mph when Alan's bike suddenly flipped over and Mark flew over the top.

I thought there would have been some serious injury. The resilience of youth (not you Mark!)

Glad you are both OK - it looked really nasty from my position at the back.

Apart from that it was a great run. Dry roads and virtually no wind.

It's never dull.

Got a super slo-mo close up of Alan hitting the deck closely followed by mark doing a triple lutz and a roly poly over the top of him-Mark, your years of rhythmic gymnastics training truly saved your bacon today.

Glad you are both ok.

I managed to escape unscathed after Paul decided to do some last minute ad-libing with his choice of route-no harm done although my high pitched shriek may have shattered some windows.

Lovely day for some bike shenanigans :)

• Life Members

Sorry to hear about your falls Michael & Alan! :-(

Hope you're on the mend soon and get your bike/stuff sorted!

P.S Just curious, Paul/Alan - how does one's bike just "flip over"? :-0 Front wheel jammed? Loose skewer? Would be interested to know what happened.

Cheers

Chung

Chung

A couple of maybes Alan stood up and tried to put power down and he either lost his back wheel or chain jammed either way he tried to correct it but by that time front wheel had gone and he came straight down

Mark then went over Alan's bike looked bad but Alan and Mark survived

Mark should buy another helmet as it took a fair hit

• Life Members

Cheers Billy, doesn't sound like fun :-(

I still can't believe this is the same Alan Michael that I witness who not so long ago, going round a roundabout and skidded, lost control of his bike but managed somehow to unclipped, ditched the bike and landed safely both feet firmly on the grass verge :-) Nae luck Alan, but thank god no real damage done! Take it easy!

Cheers

• Life Members

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your thumb Alan. Get well soon and don't rush into it.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't use Campagnolo, no thumb require to operate Shimano/Sram (unless it's Sora :-))!

Take care & see you again soon!

Cheers

Chung