Renfew Bunch Tuesday nights summer 2014

Alan McLean

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Me and Greg in a huge bunch in great weather. Exciting noises as someone in mid bunch broke a spoke going under the railway bridge at 35 mph just before Westferry. Hope he was ok. Rear wheel was super Pringled as he tried to let off the brake and come to a safe stop as the bunch of about forty swarmed past.

I was one of the ten who did the approved full Clune Bhoona rather than the chicken route by Woodhall which has been much used by the weak-willed (and wise) recently.

Of course I was completely last up the Clune which was much steeper than before I left on holiday.

Must try harder. Hope the weather holds for Thursday.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cracking night indeed Alan. The remaining men then charged all the way to the Georgetown and a finish, the cops were busy booking someone at the Houston bit of the Georgetown and the look on the coppers face as he looked up from writing the ticket to see an angry fast mob of 30 odd cyclists flash past, was priceless !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another belter, albeit an untidy rabble but thats what makes it fun. And big Al getting second in gallop, nice one.

Far more important there are clearly lots of strong legs who should mentally commit right here right now to the double Arran on 23rd August. Its 4 weeks on Saturday just so you know. I'm off to Spain now to do some serious Arran training :)

• Committee

Bishy Hill is the killer for many people. It is a tiny bump but very hard work when the bunch is fresh and climbs at 45kph.

Best plan is to get in the rotation. It is hard but steady work and will suck you over the top to West ferry.

The new roundabouts don't help, you definitely need to be in front half of bunch here as well or else the slinky effect will dump you.

In fact just stay in the front third all the time and you won't get dropped :icon_yes

• Committee

Once again I followed the splinter group and was lanterne rouge up full Clune. Only Colin and me tonight, swamped by Kooriers and GRC.

Cooler and much more pleasant than last week. Highly recommended for those around BoW, Bishy, Houston etc. 60k hard ride but you are never more than 20 minutes from home.