Renfew Bunch Tuesday nights summer 2014

Alan McLean

• 5 weeks later...
  • Committee

Proper big bunch tonight.

Lovely ride for five minutes until I dropped my chain at Inchinnan.

At that speed there is no way of getting back on unless the lights at Bishy are red and buy you 20 secs. They didn't.

Solo TT along Cote de Langbank to cut out the Clune and meet the bunch at Cloak Road.

Nice to see Paul, Colin and Lewis out.

• Committee

Nice warm night. Paul and Lewis shared the work at the front of a rainbow coalition of club colours and not just rainjackets. I sat mid-pack but at least all the Joansin went up the long Clune, about two-thirds of the bunch took the Woodhall shortcut.

Tailwind up the Georgetown ensured a fast finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

really big bunch tonight of about 35. A bit scrappy from Port Glasgow where a few guys did not wait at top of Clune and split the bunch. Cars then got between the bunches followed by near comedy as a fire engine and police car also got in the mix and the whole convoy, about 300m long, headed to BoW at 30 mph, held up by the small front bunch. Some mental undertaking of cars, those of us with families and jobs stayed back and enjoyed the tow to the final Georgetown habble.