Renfew Bunch Tuesday nights summer 2014

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chaps

Perhaps you could start the subtle mind games on some double Arran candidate officers as I am not back till next week. Greg O 'deserves' it after his amazing single performance.

Anyway, this could be the one, the day for the double. Some quality riders already committed Andy Mullen, Iain McMullen, Alan McBride, Andy Gumley and the obsessive me. With a few possibles that I will shamelessly pressure Mark O, Colin McPhee, Alan McLean, Darryl, Iain Archibald etc.

Beunos noches from Espana where it is almost too hot to train for double Arran :)

• Committee

Buenos noches, Paul. Greg and Greig are both super fit and defo up to Arran doppio. I will be working so cannot join this latest epic.

BTW is there any thread where you have NOT managed to steer the topic round to the double Arran?

I am all for enthusiasm but I get the feeling that you are sitting in the dark in your hotel room in Spain with "Sky for Dummies" downloading riders' power files, recent results, Strava achievements and drawing up a grid of potential doublers with SWOT analyses for each one. Perhaps it's just me...

• Committee

Alan, at least you went up the Clune. I suffered chain suck at Bishopton lights and red-lined to catch you by West Ferry. Had not recovered by Woodhall so went up the short cut.

I turned back after Kilmacolm where the A761 IS BEING RELAID Ohyadancer! :banana Ohyadancer! should be lovely.

Initially unpleasant but OK once soaked. After Inchinnan I could not get any wetter.

I was a bit early last night and because it started to rain headed out on my own to do the 'Renfrew Bunch' loop (incl short cut up Clune), it was wet but pleased that I kept up a reasonable pace on my jack jones. Looking to head out again tonight if anyone wants to join me?

http://app.strava.com/activities/175955901

• 2 weeks later...