March 16

Guest EPCC

More long miles for the Paris - Roubaux 12. Johnstone to Kilcreggan and back. Cafe stop at Kilcreggan.

09.00 roll out from Miller Street. I suppose we can pick those who cannae get out the beds at the bridge.

Usual caveat on the weather front. If icy revert to a full coast. As per last week.

Point of order Gentlemen. Against the rules to post a run counter to official club events. My apologies for forgetting the restricted TT was on this weekend.

There will be no official club run on Sunday. I'd encourage members to turn out and support this confined event. Personally I need the miles for Paris to Roubaux and will be doing a long ride at the weekend. Good luck to those taking part.

Back to normal on the 23rd. I'll post a run during next week.

M

Mark

I had this discussion last year and it was pointed out to me that it is not against any club rule as it's a confined event so those who want to ride it can and those who don't don't

I just forgot it was that time

• 2023 Subscriptions

I normally would ride confined events over club runs. I am however going to paris and need the miles. I have traded all my sundays off in march to train for this, and unfortunately I have had to surrender all my saturdays to working. Sorry to say, but I, personally, need the miles and since my works a tad pants ( expletive) I have no other available days. My apologise In advance for not making the confined.

Greg

So, today was interesting and hard (for me anyway)

Greg, John and myself met at Miller St and after wishing our TTers the best of luck, we made our way to the bridge and met Ginty, Tom, Ian and Colin.

Colin peeled off at Dumbarton and the rest of us made our way to Helensburgh where we had decided to turn up Sinclair St rather than go to Kilcreggan. Strong winds meant that we were down to 15mph at some points.

Great tailwind into Balloch and the café stop before heading into Alexandria.

It was at this point an old codger thought there was room on a mini roundabout to squeeze past me.

There wasn't!

A hand on his window was the only thing that kept me upright.

To our great joy, about 2 secs later blue lights and sirens went on from a couple of my colleagues in a police van driving behind the car :)

Both guys I know and one of them being a keen cyclist.

Old guy realised his error and was read the riot act.

Uneventful run home apart from the wind.

Thanks to Greg and John for the wheels....especially John for the tow along the cycle path.

Most miles for me this year at least.

Onwards and upwards!

thot ad just say gd run to helensburgh today 6 poor soles to battle the raging winds and rough seas lol o and the matter of sinclair st although tail wind all the way up,71mls, over 16 mph, although garmin registered lower think it was having off day, ritch nearly killed by what looked to me to b impatient and neglegant driver, thus the unknown driver was pulled by cops couple o hundred yards up rd,weather overall wasnt to unkind to us ,ginty taking sneaky thirty sign sprint well done to him on way back 😈😉😉 bad accident just below cycle track bridge before u go into lochwn, guy was getting cut out of what looked like an audi hope there wasnt any fatalaties

cheers john