DOUBLE AND SINGLE ARRAN

P McDonald

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Also posted on facebook tonight,

Just a reminder we are on for May 10th. Have many people keen to give it a bash from Glasgow road club, Ayr roads, Fullarton, Couriers, Ivy, EK Road club and of course Johnstone Wheelers, could be quite a day. Due to world we live in just need to mention this is not an organised event, it is not a race, there is no first aid, insurance or service. It is simply a group of mates meeting for a bike ride and taking part at their own risk :)

Hope you are all secret training Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'll take part. Can't guarantee more then 1 lap, and probably not in between the first and second ferry, but I can always use the miles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Almost upon us. Was thinking about a few tactical things - if going for the 2 lapper, I thought it would be an idea to stop a mile or so outside Brodick and stash a bottle of water and extra food supplies behind a tree or such like and then have a very short (2 min max) stop to refill bottles and pockets before lap 2. Any other suggestions? :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Posted on facebook a minute ago,

So we're on for the 7am ferry on Saturday. Arrive 0755, if joining for one loop then ferry back is 1105, if going for the double then ferry back is 1350. There is an extra return ferry at 1230 for any mechanical mishaps. And if the double attempt misses the ferry at 1350, which it won't, then next one is at 1515 so time for a pint and commiserate. Should be at least a dozen fit bodies there and up for the challenge ! More welcome :)