DOUBLE AND SINGLE ARRAN

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

14th June. A stepping stone to the full double. 81 miles in 4.25 hours = 19.1 mph. Dosn't sound too hard, don't be fooled, it is. Based on a slightly extended figure of 8. The heavy roads, twists and turns and uphill down dale nature ensure this will be a leg bender. There are bale out options for punctured tyres and lungs :) Saturday has the most ferry options so thinking the usual 7am start.

Holo, I know you will be there in 3D spirit but I accept your apologies in advance for not being there in physical matter.

:)

Paul,

I'll be in Dundee doing level 2 coaching - day 3. I nominate Miss Georgina Hologram as my replacement pound of mince.

MacB - no shortcomings or decency on offer here. The man with the plan says it counts..... therefore it counts. Deal with the fact the skinny one got round aided and abetted by McD and McPhee. How is your dysfunctional carcass this morning?

Guest George

In the high pitched words of Chick Murray on the radio phone in,

Mr Donelly I am going to interrupt you right now and I make no apolgy for doing it live on air, were you at the match today, were you, were you?

And that was Jimmy Sandison.

Get yer facts right McD- the lactic must have surged to your bonce :-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Or how about 7th June, sooner the better as far as I'm concerned ( I had a diary mal function and realised this was possible too). But may need to be 0820 ferry for me - do not take this as an excuse for a slacking of standards, one will be expected to empty ones tank as always.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Or how about 7th June, sooner the better as far as I'm concerned ( I had a diary mal function and realised this was possible too). But may need to be 0820 ferry for me - do not take this as an excuse for a slacking of standards, one will be expected to empty ones tank as always.

Ignore the 0820 ferry bit, that ferry is not on a Saturday. So it would be 0700.

• 2023 Subscriptions

So looks like 7th June, 7am for the inagrual One.Fiver, this is a one point five laps of Arran in 4h15m and will require an average speed of 18.4mph.

The average speed is reduced but, and it is a bit of a but, the challenge goes over the Ross twice. Dependent on wind that might mean two times up the steep side of the Ross ( bit like dark side of the moon )

The roads to be covered are leave ferry head for Lamlash, over the Ross, turn right along to String and back over to Brodick. Left at bottom of hill and full coastal route until the Ross turn off and head over in reverse direction back to Brodick.

Nae problem to the single loop hall of famers ( which I can confirm after lengthy consultations and court proceedings does include Mark and Colin )

• 2 weeks later...