Borrowing a cyclocross bike

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi All

I'm considering entering the SCX race series this year but have not done cyclocross before. I'd like to give it a try first but obviously I'd be a bit reluctant to buy a new bike on such spec, although the perfect number of bikes to own will remain n+1. I'm wondering if any one has a small framed cyclocross bike that I could borrow for the Auchentoshan race on 6th October?

Thanks for any help! Cheers

Andy

• Committee

My bike's too big for you Andy. If available an MTB would be fine for Auchentoshan especially with skinnier tyres.

But we all know you really need/want to get a nerdy cross bike with the weird brakes and odd cabling and "sculpted" top tube for shoulder carry etc etc.

Have fun.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

You're definitely right. Getting nerdy with another bike is very attractive. I've got an orange P7 pro I could use that for auchentoshan but then that would mean not getting new bike. The more I think about it the more sensible it seems to get a new bike!

Paul. Can't believe you're not doing Rothesay. Remember it's not a BC event so perhaps that that's okay for you to race then. Just one wee TLI. Go on! It's an end if season party. You know you want to!