Saturday 2nd February

Iain Cowden

Charlie, just read news of your tumble. Not good! Hope you're not in too much discomfort. You'll be completely gutted after the work you've put in over the winter. Wish you a speedy recover. Take it easy mon ami. Hope to see you back in the saddle before long.

M

• Life Members

Charlie,

Official you are the hardest man I know in my book!

When we saw you after the incident you look absolutely fine, obviously a bit peeved off but you certainly don't look or act like a man who's just fractured his collar bone. If you look at the face on Wiggin when he broke his at the 2011 tour, he look like someone had shot him! I've also seen folks broke their collar bone while on club runs & they immediately turn into a wee lassie!

But you were waving your arms about & joking away, so we were convinced that you had just bruised you shoulder!

You definetly get my vote for "Rider of the Year" now!

I hope you have a speedy recovery & no doubt we'll see you back on the bike very soon.

Respect

Chung

Chung

Aye, commiserations Charlie and apologies for the mis-diagnosis - as Chung says they obviously breed 'em tough in BOW! All the best for a speedy recovery.

Andrew, Bill, Chung and I headed out along the Georgetown, which was indeed treacherous in places, then round the coast to Largs, up the Haylie and back via the track from Kilbirnie. Other than Charlie's mishap, and some areas with frozen run offs across road or track, we had a great run - fantastic views down the coast/over to Arran and, from above KIlbirnie you could clearly see Tinto hill to the south - incredible visibility.

I had about 78 miles door to door, which rapidly became 82 after a 2 lap tour of Newlands as Mary made her way back from M & S!

Thanks to the others for good company - will post again for next week for those a Saturday suits.

Iain

That sounds a brutal crash Charlie, hope the collar bone heals quickly.

Sorry I couldn't make it out again today, would have liked a few miles down the coast but work got in the way 😡

I don't think I'll make next weeks reliability either due to family commitments so if there is a Saturday run I could be well up for that ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Jody