Saturday 2nd February

Iain Cowden

Forecast looks like it will be fine if pretty cold on Saturday. I am certainly planning to be out, so will be at Miller Street for 9.30am - looking for 50-60 steady miles (average pace about 16 mph) from there as usual. Company very welcome for anyone it suits.

If it's as cold as some forecasts the coast will probably still be the best option. If any of the usual suspects are planning to ride over from Glasgow and want to meet up just let me know.

Thanks

Iain

• Life Members

Iain,

I'm up for a run too!

I'll find out from my wife what arrangement is for this Saturday morning & will let you know where & when to meet if I'm heading from the toon centre.

P.S Have you pressed the "buy" button yet? :grin:

Regards

Chung

Excellent Chung! Will look forward to it.

In regard to your P.S - the answer is Yes! Personally I blame you and that Kenny C one.

I even tried "Buddies Anonymous"... a worldwide freephone service, available only to those born and bred in Paisley... how it works is that if you are considering buying anything - anytime, anywhere, you just ring in and a highly trained counsellor will talk you out of it! As my granny used to say... "save 100% - keep walking!"

Usually works... but not this time.

Iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent Chung! Will look forward to it.

In regard to your P.S - the answer is Yes! Personally I blame you and that Kenny C one.

I even tried "Buddies Anonymous"... a worldwide freephone service, available only to those born and bred in Paisley... how it works is that if you are considering buying anything - anytime, anywhere, you just ring in and a highly trained counsellor will talk you out of it! As my granny used to say... "save 100% - keep walking!"

Usually works... but not this time.

Iain

I dont know what it is Iain, but i'm sure i'll be most envious when i find out..... :o

• Life Members

Jazloc,

If my memory serves me well & going by your user name, I think you've been out with us before haven't you?

If you're worried about the distance then there's always some bale-out option no matter where we're heading. Don't worry, just turn up & ride in the bunch!

Hope to see you tomorrow 9.30am!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Stupidity

Was carefully going along Georgetown rd when met James macdonald and Davy from paisley velo who were time trialling as they passed James invited me to hop on at back which I did. As we went underneath bridge Davy hit ice and crashed in front of me. I went over the top of him and hence the reason for flight. Must say though that my schalbe marathon plus tyres keep a good grip. Lesson is do not listen to mad time trialists who are training on an icy road. So many if only s but just got to take it on the chin.