JWCC Tour of Mallorca 2013 - start list

Hello folks,

Here we are then..deja vu :grin:

Thought I would (rightly or wrongly) start a new thread to tidy things up and see where we are.

If you remember from the Italy trip, I believe we had our flights booked by this time. Maybe more important because of the sportive.

From the other thread, I counted about 15/16 names that noted interest but haven't been heard of since. Possibly just waiting til things clear up but see if we can firm up numbers.

Remember that this is a WHEELERS trip, not a main bunch etc so don't be put off. There could be different groups doing different routes on the different days.

Without there being an event and having a concrete date, it's harder to pin down a time period but as I put on the other thread, April 21st and 22nd has the Duva sportive so I imagine the Duva hotel will be jammed. The weekend of the 27th has the 312 sportive. That's further down the coast but might increase the numbers.

Package holidays are available through Jet2 holidays and Easyjet holidays where you can book into the Duva. The Duva do a 1 bedroom apartment which has 2 bed and 2 sofa beds. You can save a bit but personally, I'd rather share with 1 other and both have a bed. Each apartment has a kitchenette but you can go for half board.

From the previous thread, someone has stayed at and recommends Club Pollentia (sp?) as being cyclist friendly also.

I feel that we might have to be a bit open ended but generally agree to be there for most of the time together. By that I mean that a few of us fancy going for a week, which with Easyjet would be a Wed to Wed trip, but for me, 5 nights sits better with Mrs C. Suitable trip dates for me look like a Sat to Thurs so I would arrive later but leave the day after. Still get 3 full days together at least.

I'm not allowed to be away for my 40th so the best thing I've seen is leaving on Sat 4th May for 5 nights with Jet2 staying at the Duva. Flying home on Wed 9th.

Sharing with Chung would see it come in at £402 each.

That's flights, half board plus and transfers. Extra to sit together and Jet2 charge £25 for sports equipment.

With the Nove Colli, there were sportive deposits etc to pay which we could do in one go. This time round I think it's a case of roughly nailing down a week, picking your room mate(s) and going for it. Means you won't hold anyone else back if you delay in booking etc.

I might have said too much or too little but hopefully we can clear things up.

Once people voice there interest here, I'll edit the list below to add names.

I thank you Hello, beer !!

Interested from previous thread

1) Richie

2) Chung

3) Al Y

4) Paul C

5) Tom

6) Mark

7) Ian McG

8) Iain Couttie

9) Billy

10) Darryl

11) George

12) Ian Manse

13) Ramsay/Elaine

14) Martin

15) P McD

16) Charlie

17) Duncan

18) Davie B

19) Richard

20) Colin

Thurs Apr 27th depart

1) Richie - 27th - 5 nights Duva BOOKED

2) Chung - 27th - 5 nights Duva BOOKED

3) Paul C - 27th - 5 nights hotel

4) Tom - 27th - 5 nights...no preference

5) Billy - 27th - 7 nights no accomodation preference

6) Ian McG - 27th - 7 nights? no accomodation preference

7) Mark - 27th - 7 nights

8) Iain C - 27th

9) Paul McD - 27th 4 nights BOOKED

10) Darryl - 27th 4 nights BOOKED

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richie,

I'll keep a note of the dates, but until next years race calendar is out and set, I'm not going to commit to anything.

If the timings do suit, then team Muirhead will come out for a week and just sort ourselves out. If not, then have a good one.

R

Tom and I are confirmed OK for 4 - 9th and will share room.

bear in mind this period includes the May bank holiday on 6th.

I thought these dates might be good because there isn't an event on.

I've done a sample booking through Jet2 for 5 nights from Sat 20th (£345pp) and

Sat 27th (£358pp) so the prices aren't hugely different and rooms are still available...just don't know how many or how quickly they'll book up for the events.

My main thing is 5 nights and leaving on Sat 20th/27th/May 4th would be fine but will we run out of rooms?

Looks like we should go for April dates then does this suit

And if yes villa or hotel apartment

If it's April then it would be Sat 27th for me. We would at least avoid the masses for the Duva sportive.

Villa or apartment each has it's pros and cons. Not sure if the villas would be as part of a package with transfers included etc would they?

Fair point Richie

IT also misses the bank holiday can somebody with kids check

Would it be possible to go out Wednesday or Thursday before

I would like to get at least a date sorted soon as it allows me time to arrange swaps of duty if I am on the weekend

Duva apartments work out fairly cheap if you fill them

Richie & All,

Paul's proposed dates are fine with me too, if thats the preferred choice.

Cheers

My head hurts!

Right...are we making a command decision?

Dates set as above by Paul.

From my research, that would remove the villa and Chung and I are happy to share an apartment.

But....that doesn't mean a group can do Sat to Sat in a villa or the Wed to Wed and we'll have a bit of an overlap.

Just means we'll have smaller groups amongst us booking or own trips rather than a mass booking for Italy.

It was managed really quickly for Girona so easy :grin:

New lists started!

For those that are thinking about hotel/apartment...the Duva 'hotel' is one we've heard of but it seems that regardless of that fact that you book as self catering or half/full board, you still stay in the 1 bedroom apartment.

Chung and I have decided we'd rather share 1 apartment even though it sleeps 4.

No jokes!! :-? ..it's just that the Duva has 2 single beds and 2 sofa beds and a proper bed sounds more comfy.

We could share with more as long as we've got the beds!

As I've said, nothing to stop some going for the week because we'll be there together for most of the time.

I know 5 nights is my limit.

Richie

I know it's getting confusing but need to get some response to who's going

There were 16 names noting interest to start with. I'd assume they've still be reading the posts.

Why the haven't made any further responses, only they can tell.

Likewise, anyone else who fancies going must have read this but can't make hold their hand and guide them along.

Depends if you're thinking that you're only going if xxx amount of people are going?

We've got half a dozen names and dates. We book and it's up to the rest to sort it out.

Everyone has the dates. They can make it or not.