JWCC Tour of Mallorca 2013 - start list

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

I've packed Trivial Pursuit for most of us, Snakes and Ladders for Billy and Twister for us all ;):)

I end up playing trivial pursuit most times I ride in a bunch....

Hope the weather is kind guys.

• 2023 Subscriptions

By coincidence I was just about to post Alan

Majorca was wet and wonderful. For me and Darryl it was 5 days, 3 of which were very wet. But you just have to make the most of it. Life is all about new things and I've never done spin bike intervals in a gym abroad before (and deposited about a litre of sweat), or sprint intervals in the rain to minimise outdoor time!

As for the sunny days and the big one, the 14km climb out of Soller is sensational, the switchback descents were pure dead brilliant, it's a thrill seekers paradise. Never seen so many bikes, it was almost a traffic jam on the ascents at times!

:)

Guest EPCC

Short Summary

We rode every day Thursday to Wedensdsy

The climbs are fantastic the descents quick the roads slippy

Loved every minute apart from climbing place is full of bikes the rain was not that bad as it was hot

Puig major and soller fantastic sa colabta hard

I was there Sat - Thurs.

Started well with our bus running out of fuel on the way to the hotel!!

As already stated..wet to start...having lunch on Sat and saw slim chap in SKY kit which I now think could've been Jonathan Tiernan-Locke as we def saw him a couple of days later.

Wee 35miler to Formentor on Sun with Chung. A bit wet and low visibility in places...and our first unlit tunnel experience! Probably my scariest moment on a bike to date!

On Mon we had a group ride to the Sa Calobra turn off but weather stopped play. On the long run in home a wee group went past at around 25mph and Chung thought he'd jump on the back of the train :)

The pace increased but The Joansin wisnae dropped! :)

Tues was lovely and hot and a long run with over 8000ft of climbing.

Fast descents on road that are in good condition on the whole.

Saw JTL again and I'm sure he slipstreamed us momentarily but didnt respond to Paul C's request for an autograph.

After Tues' run, the Sa Calobra was hard. A taxing descent knowing you had to go back up. Mainly 7-9% but sections of 10 and 11%.

Our last descent saw a few maddies overtaking cars. They'll tell you there was loads of room!!

Thanks to Scott for towing me back and we set about reeling in Billy who had gone for a lone TT breakaway but big turns by Richard and Al saw an end to that :)

All in all...quite a Mecca for cyclists. The Duva was a great base for the bikes. Good company as always.

Food was also really good and plentiful. Added ants for nutrition for some.

We got to hear about Billy's martial arts years.

I just can't remember what one it was again.......;):) :)