JWCC Tour of Mallorca 2013 - start list

After a group discussion today we agreed the following

Leave Thursday 25 return Thursday 2 duva apartments

These apartments sleep 4 max but was planning on three sharing so post if you are going as we will be booking on Wed so need to know Tuesday at the latest

Rough guide its

Me

Charlie

Dave b

Mark

Iain c

Iain mcg

Al

Tom

Andy

That would equal 3 x 3 apartments so confirm then we need some people to take ownership and book

Rough costs 400 half board mood is to go for bb

Just a quick update that I have booked a one bed for 4 sharing those being

Me Charlie Al Mark, leaving Thursday 25th back Thursday 2nd jet 2 staying in a tight one bed appartment so come on the rest get it sorted cost abou 1100 still to pay for bikes

Richie how do we do that Stoooopid!

Billy,

If I can refer you to my previous post on page 1 :grin:

but for your info with booking with Jet2....you get 10kg hand luggage and 22kg hold luggage included but the bike is £30 each way (20kg). After booking online, phone the after sales team on 0800 408 5597 and it's paid to them.

The hotel transfers are included for people but it's 8 euros each way that's paid to the driver.

We're lucky....apparently the drivers won't even take golf clubs!!

Hello, beer !!

(The rest),

We seem to be getting left behind here ....so trying to make sure that is not a literal reality come next April.

Whittling down the list above that leaves the possibles for a week as....

Me,

Iain c

Iain mcg

Tom

Andy.

Can you post up your plans - I am OK to book an apartment but need some indication as to numbers, dates, sharing preferences etc.

Ignore Al's earlier comments - it was an earthquake, not my snoring :lol:

D

• Life Members

Hi Billy,

Thats 8 confirmed then, magic!

Are you booked into the "Duva'?

4 people into a 1 bed room ............. wouldn't that be a bit cramped, also do the hotel allow that?

Just curious, thats all.

Cheers

Chung

Chung - my experience of the 1 bed apartments that sleep 4 means that the bedroom has two beds and the sofa in the living area converts into two beds.

It means that those on the sofa cannot go to bed until the others have gone. Correct me if I am wrong! Are the apartments serviced or do we have to clean it up at the end?

That is why I prefer a 'normal' room.

I have not decided yet on 5 or 7 nights.

Charlie - see my previous post.

If you look at the Duva photos on t'internet you will see that the sofa beds are in the living area. It is not the case that there are 4 beds in the bedroom.

This means that persons 3 & 4 will be sleeping in the living area and so could not go to bed until others have gone. It also means the sofa bed has to be made up every night unless it is not used for sitting on. Link to image : http://q.bstatic.com/images/hotel/squar ... 918183.jpg.

You would need to draw straws to see who gets the sofa bed.

I am only going for 5 nights so I am looking for a room mate. Duva price is £104 per person, 5 nights inc breakfast. I do not snore and have clean personal habits (ask Tom!)

(note it is only about £8 extra per night to make it halfboard).

I've booked up for a week, but I've only paid the deposit rather than the balance in full. I've got some concerns about Jet2's bicycle policies. I've sent them an email and if I get reassuring answers, then I'm a definite.

I phoned them again regarding another matter (see answer to Al) and was told that it's highly unlikely that any bikes would be left behind if we've booked them on with the after sales team.

I was told that their policy is like that just to cover all eventualities...a bit like 'park at your own risk' etc.

Richie can the bike go as regular hold allowance as per Italy or do we have to pay the extra ? 20kg is plenty for bike + some kit.

I'm afraid not Al.

I went through a scenario of you travelling with no clothes :-? and just the bike that was the same size as the suitcase and weighed less etc.

While 22kg for a bag is included, the bike with that example would still cost you £30 each way.

So....you travel with a full 22kg clothes bag and bike....£30 each way

Travel with no clothes bag and only a bike.............£30 each way.

Charlie - see my previous post.

If you look at the Duva photos on t'internet you will see that the sofa beds are in the living area. It is not the case that there are 4 beds in the bedroom.

This means that persons 3 & 4 will be sleeping in the living area and so could not go to bed until others have gone. It also means the sofa bed has to be made up every night unless it is not used for sitting on. Link to image : http://q.bstatic.com/images/hotel/squar ... 918183.jpg.

You would need to draw straws to see who gets the sofa bed.

I am only going for 5 nights so I am looking for a room mate. Duva price is £104 per person, 5 nights inc breakfast. I do not snore and have clean personal habits (ask Tom!)

(note it is only about £8 extra per night to make it halfboard).

I snore like a train and am reasonably sure I have disgusting habits (ask Al!) I am also allergic to living in a sardine tin and tripping over a sofa bed every morning.

Ala Richard have now booked up for a week and will pore over jet2's bike policy at my leisure now that I don't have to spend half the day figuring out accommodation algorithms.

D

Yippee - I am OK for 7 nights!

Discussed with Tom and we will share an apartment half board.

Booking separately the room is 219 pp for 7 nights. Flights 138 (excluding extra for bikes) = £357 but then transfer needed to Hotel.

Checked with Suntransfers and a 38 seater bus is EUR 207 (£175) each way . So for 10 people that is £35 round trip. This size would be needed to get 10 -12 bikes in boxes on board.

So total is 357 + 35 = £392, 7 nights halfboard, two people sharing.

Booking a package with Jet2 is £420 (excluding extra for bikes) which includes passenger resort transfer. Then additional EUR 8 (£6) for the bike on the bus (according to Ritchie).

Extra cost is therefore only £34 pp for the package.

Since we are not all coming back together this would make the separately booked transfer a bit more expensive.

On this basis I am going to book the Jet2 package for me and Tom (like Ritchie and the Chungster)

Guys

Don't want to spit in the baggage soup but I'm pretty sure that the 22kg baggage allowance with Jet2 is not free but £15.99 per flight with bikes a separate £30 per flight.

Just sayin

Oh ya dancer !

I was just going from my booking and it had 22kg included. Don't know if that was different because I booked the whole package through them?

Hi,

Its been a while since I've been out with the Wheelers, but I was planning to go to Mallorca next year and this trip sounds fun. I would be going from Thu 25 to Thu 4 (7 days) if anyone wants to share. I don't snore, and my preference would be sharing with 1 or 2 others if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Scott