RELIABILITY 3 SINCLAIR STREET 19TH FEB

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions
S'pose I'll go with the 10am group despite my crisis of confidence.

If I get over the Erskine bridge with em I should be ok for a bit.

I'll take my train fare & compass for when the inevitable happens....

Spare overshoes and tights ;-)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I'll be out for a 10 am roll out of Miller Street. To paraphrase yon Reid chappie - There will be no rivetting (nae pun intended), no 3 minute spelling, no tight ripping and no falling off. We will proceed around the so designated route in a orderly fashion as a tight knit group at a smart but not stupid pace, with the goal of steadily chasing down the 9.00 and 9.30 groups, assuming they do the fully course. No hammer until Langbank would be my suggestion, certainly not until after the bridge.

Would be good to see some of the intermediate group jump onto our wheels should in fact the 10 bells bunch catch you - if you get shelled the intermediate group should sweep you up soon enough.

M

• 2024 Subscriptions
For the record I'll be out for a 10 am roll out of Miller Street. To paraphrase yon Reid chappie - There will be no rivetting (nae pun intended), no 3 minute spelling, no tight ripping and no falling off. We will proceed around the so designated route in a orderly fashion as a tight knit group at a smart but not stupid pace, with the goal of steadily chasing down the 9.00 and 9.30 groups, assuming they do the fully course. No hammer until Langbank would be my suggestion, certainly not until after the bridge.

Would be good to see some of the intermediate group jump onto our wheels should in fact the 10 bells bunch catch you - if you get shelled the intermediate group should sweep you up soon enough.

M

Well said that man :eureka

• 2023 Subscriptions

un-reliability run.

Got as far as Dumbarton Rock before my lock ring came loose. Thanks to Ramsay for a running repair I managed a solo run home, passing a healthy sized 10.00 o'clock bunch. Did they catch youse?

Great day for the bike, shame I couldn't make more of it.

M

Great run today (great because on an entirely selfish note, I made it with everyone else! :shock: ).

Lovely weather. Think we started with 9 but lost one, sorry forget his name, after a couple of punctures and then Martin a bit further down the road.

The, ahem, Magnificent Seven, then had a good run, catching a couple of the early starters but more importantly, didn't get caught by the 10am starters.

Thanks for the tea etc in the clubrooms. See you soon...unfortunately not next weekend :-(

Hello, beer !!

Turned out to be a beautiful day for a ride.

My legs did as asked of them for the 1st time in a while probably down

To the magical powers of my splendid new tights.

The tights are a tad flamboyant but with my dashing good looks and flawless riding style I looked

Excellent. In fact I looked like like Hincapie (the Norse god of good looks)

It's a shame for you guys as my sartorial elegance coupled with my winning smile makes you

Lot look quite a raggle-taggle bunch by comparison. Sadly lacking the pizzaz factor.

Wait to you see me in my safari suit at the curry night.

Humble George.

I wasn't there I have no data therefore today didn't happen

If it did it was enjoyable got bined half way up the langbank climb worked with Richard to get back on which we did due mainly to Daryl easing up

• 2024 Subscriptions

Smashing day out. Best weather of the year possibly. Thanks to the 10 o clock bunch for another good ride. Sorry to hear about George's illness. Apparently he's been suffering from 'panache attacks'. We witnessed one when he turned up this morning. Not a pretty sight. Get well soon mate!

Oh ya dancer !

• Members

Billy, in the absence of data, I'll testify that the tow you gave me along Barochan Road was something else. Looks like the training's working.

Nice day for a run, but hard going with Phil climbing stylishly and Darryl flying along. Thanks for your company, lads, and cheers to Ian McGinty for the soup. At work next week, but I'll be back for the Don Smith.

Turned out to be a beautiful day for a ride.

My legs did as asked of them for the 1st time in a while probably down

To the magical powers of my splendid new tights.

The tights are a tad flamboyant but with my dashing good looks and flawless riding style I looked

Excellent. In fact I looked like like Hincapie (the Norse god of good looks)

It's a shame for you guys as my sartorial elegance coupled with my winning smile makes you

Lot look quite a raggle-taggle bunch by comparison. Sadly lacking the pizzaz factor.

Wait to you see me in my safari suit at the curry night.

Humble George.

[attachment=0]suits.jpg[/attachment]

Suits you George Gawn, gie's a kiss.

A day of mixed fortunes for the skinny one. Such a fine day weather wise, was really up for a good day in the saddle. Unfortunately my rear wheel has sadly gone to that big workshop in the sky. The rear wheel is dead! Long live the rear wheel! still, 60 wonky miles on the clock.

Whatever happened to the 30 milers? Brownie points and gold stars to Mary and young Ross for dispelling all rumours that the 30 milers had been put on the WWF extinction list - merely the endangered species list now. You guys might be able to throw a bowling evening together but the jury is well and truly out on the issue of organising a bunch, on such a sunny day too. Hope to see you all next weekend for a jaunt down the coast.

M

Beautiful day for a ride!!

The medium bunch got a good rhythm goin on the back so manged to hold off the 'quickies'.

Got home and was de-mucking bike and noticed that one of my chain links had snapped on one side! Lucky it didn't break completely on the run.

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a fantastic day to climb back on the bike!

Great run and happy to get in some decent miles.

Ian

Thanks for the soup and the lift home.

Suffering a bit now, but volterol and Chateu Neuf du Pape make for a powerful anaesthetic :-)

Tom

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a fantastic day to climb back on the bike!

Great run and happy to get in some decent miles.

Ian

Thanks for the soup and the lift home.

Suffering a bit now, but volterol and Chateu Neuf du Pape make for a powerful anaesthetic :-

Tom

Like your choice of wine

I am always available for a wine tasting at yours

David I am still off the bike and still coughing like a hag and that's been since 10 feb so I hope you do not have my lurgy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cracking day to pick for my first bunch run of the year. Good company and good weather. Oh ya dancer ! Legs were a bit sore afterwards, given it was the longets run I've done since about September!

Not sure when I'm going to make another run out. :cry:

R