RELIABILITY 3 SINCLAIR STREET 19TH FEB

Guest EPCC

THESE RUNS ARE FOR ALL MEMBERS ALL STARTING AND FINISHING AT MILLER ST

THEY CONSIST OF THREE GROUPS STARTING AT DIFFERENT TIMES

SINCLAIR STREET 60 MILES

AFTER RUN BACK TO CLUB ROOMS FOR SOME TEA COFFE SOUP AND CHAT

POST IF YOU ARE ATTENDING AND IF YOU CAN PROVIDE SOUP

PS SOMEBODY POST A LINK TO THE ROUTE

PSPS THOSE WHO WANT A MORE LEISURELY RUN START AT 0900 THOSE WHO WANT MORE PACE 0945

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Committee

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1827559

This is from Kenny a couple of years ago.

The fastest route is straight down the A82 from Arden but recent club rides have tended to take the road through Duck Bay and then the Old Luss Road to Balloch which is much more pleasant and misses a couple of miles of A82 and the busy A82/A811 roundabout. Just a warning that bunches may miss each other around here.

Guys, although the wiind & rain is supposed to clear for Sunday it is forecast to be sub zerol early morning.

Combine this with wet roads-ICE.

Will this route be ok?

I can't afford yet another pair of replacement tights.

• Members

Am I right in thinking that the 9:45-ers are likely to number 5-6 again this week? I don't mind a hard run in a big bunch, but 50-odd miles on the rivet, going through every three minutes, doesn't really appeal. I'll go with the half-nine group if they have more bodies. Will make a final decision later tonight when I see who's posted. Either way, I'll rendezvous on the north side of the bridge.

• 2024 Subscriptions
Am I right in thinking that the 9:45-ers are likely to number 5-6 again this week? I don't mind a hard run in a big bunch, but 50-odd miles on the rivet, going through every three minutes, doesn't really appeal. I'll go with the half-nine group if they have more bodies. Will make a final decision later tonight when I see who's posted. Either way, I'll rendezvous on the north side of the bridge.

Thats the reason why we have so few bodies Richard! ;-)

• 2024 Subscriptions
Ha! Well, if more people sign up we can all have a nice brisk run with our club-mates without the need to go through so often. Division of labour, gents! :-)

We had a dozen or more riders every week in the 9:45 group last year. Where has everybody gone? :-?

They keep saying they are going with the 9.30 bunch :lol:

Seriously, we should have about 10 riders. Is that enough to tempt you Richard?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard

The mind is willing, but I think the body is weak. I am more interested in getting in 80+ miles. Hence I am going to the club rooms both times then back to Langbank.

Speed was just about there before so it won't be long coming back. Hopefully next Sunday Hello, beer !!

Tom

Ha! Well, if more people sign up we can all have a nice brisk run with our club-mates without the need to go through so often. Division of labour, gents! :-)

We had a dozen or more riders every week in the 9:45 group last year. Where has everybody gone? :-?

Richard,

You can take my place as I don't think I will be out with any group as I have been feeling grim both on and off the bike all day - just as well I didn't meet up with the Renfrew bunch this morning as the wee climb back up to Kilbarchan felt like the Tourmalet on the way back home!!

You and big D can work off the front all day, drop them 10 miles from home and scoff down all the soup before the rest turn up :-P

S'pose I'll go with the 10am group despite my crisis of confidence.

If I get over the Erskine bridge with em I should be ok for a bit.

I'll take my train fare & compass for when the inevitable happens....