The Italian Trip - Start List

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Could you clarify, please, Richie - are we looking at 120 euros each in transfers, or does the 60 euro fee cover the inbound and outbound journeys? Thanks again for bearing the organisational burden here.

Surely the two odd bodies can share. It it is only one night where we are odd numbers.

I specifically asked Richie for a single room, Darryl. I always end up sleep-starved on these trips because I'm in a strange bed, and with the foot traffic through the room during the night. I think I've got a better chance of being rested properly if I'm on my tod.

Sorry it's worked out that you're going to have to pay more, Greg, and that you'll be on your own when you may not have wanted that. :-(

• 2024 Subscriptions

I specifically asked Richie for a single room, Darryl. I always end up sleep-starved on these trips because I'm in a strange bed, and with the foot traffic through the room during the night. I think I've got a better chance of being rested properly if I'm on my tod.

Sleep starved? Your snoring kept me and Paul awake all night at Flanders ;-)

Gunsonini #needmaeighthours

• Life Members

Greg,

If you need to, I'll swop with you and take your single room. In which case you will share with Uncle Billy for a balcony twin room and pay the amount accordingly, you poor student!

Sorry, Billy maybe next time! :oops:

Greg, let me or Ritchie know what you want to do!

Cheers

Chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Sleep starved? Your snoring kept me and Paul awake all night at Flanders ;-)

Gunsonini #needmaeighthours

I'm surprised you could hear me from my mattress on the floor. :grin:

Well there were some strange sounds coming from your bed, but Paul and I thought it best not to mention it. :lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not a problem, I know I wont miss the ride now through over sleeping!...Chung, Im no longer a poor student, just a poor adult!..College wasnt for me! glad i tried, but dont regret it. In the big bad working world now and enjoying it!

Billy, Red wine? pfft only red wine i like is UB40's, Cherry beer was delicious though!! We'll see by the end of the trip! Hello, beer !!

Greg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thats my flights all booked!! Hello, beer !!

Regarding bagage, the lady said thats the 23kg allowance can be for the bike, and then you have two small pieces of hand luggage, will we need to pay for a second bag or are people just using thier hand luggage for clothes etc? I also asked when this can be booked until and she said right up until the day you leave.

Another thought I had was depending on what bike carrying method your using you could always pack your cycling clothing in with your bike? Obviously not near the chainrings or chain, steering clear of the dirty/oily bits?

Greg

Hi guys

what is best BA phone number to check in bikes please?

Alan

Alan,

I have just phoned the general enquiries number 0844 4930787.

No long delay to speak to a human and when I explained the situation to the pleasant sounding lady on the other end she was kind of wondering what all the fuss was about, concluding:

> Baggage does not constitute additional allowance or anything out of the ordinary;

> Same terminal & no 3rd party carrier therefore it does not go outwith BA's control;

> No requirement to make a special reference or note against my booking reference to ensure there are no problems next May.

Seems to be mixed messages from BA given some of the posts above so hope everything goes smooth come next May.

D

• Committee

Davie

Thanks. I will still make a call so I don' t feel too stupid when they leave my bike in gatwick.

I have an integral seat post and the only bike box I can use is insanely big. It does intimidate check in staff.

Or I could just buy a new bike with ulegra di2 and normal seat post......

Alan

Hi Paul,

Blimey!! 12,000! :shock:

I'd read in previous years it had gone down to 'only' 9000!

Reading on the website, it says there are only 40 riders from the UK!

Well, 26 and US!!!!

Never fear!! I pestered Dante with more e-mails and apart from the time he sent:

I confirm again your reservation ( for 14 people) as follow:

From Wed May 16th (arrive) to Monday 21st May (departure) 2012

3 double rooms with balcony + one single room without balcony

From Thurs May 17th (arrive) to Monday 21st May (departure) 2012

3 double rooms with balcony + one single room without balcony

The Nove entries are guarantee !

today he sent:

I have confirmed to you with more mails, that the entries to Nove Colli for Johnstone Wheelers are guaranteed, becouse I have reserved your start places and they are guaranted until January. In January I must pay the entries in advance because i can make the drawing with your credit card only in March.

We can make what you prefer, any way the 14 start number for Nove Colli are guaranteed also when I make the drawing in March with your credit card.

Hello, beer !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I've been passed some routes from someone who has done the Nove Colli.

Apparently you can upload them onto a Garmin for those that have them?

I'm sure Dante can guide us with routes but no harm in having these as well.

Cheers

Richie

Here are some of the routes we did from which you can export the gpx files:

1. This takes in the first climb of the Nove Colli

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/87828339

2. THis is a loop to Sogliano. If you can follow the map, we found a great restaurant where we stopped for lunch serving beautiful home made pasta:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/87828332#

3. We did another loop up Barbotto (one of the climbs) the day after the Nove Colli:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/87828300