The Italian Trip - Start List

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dante will take €130 per person from my credit card at the end of March.

This includes the sportive entrance fee.

Ideally get the money from you at roughly the same time for the sake of the exchange rate.

A wee while ago the deposit would've cost you £106 but a couple of months later it was £113.

• 1 month later...

Ciao!

Here's a wee bit of info that sounds good as well as the event and being in Italy!!

Hi there

I brought some bars as I have a particular preference, but there is no need to. The day before the Nove Colli, the whole main streets of the town turns into a massive bike expo with all the bike manufacturers and associated companies setting up stands with their products. There are loads of nutrition companies selling gels and bars so you can stock up there if you'd rather not carry anything out.

Have a great ride, hope you enjoy it!

David

Thought I'd check with Dante in case we were getting excited about a one off last year.

Not so.....from Dante

yes the days before the Nove Colli there is in Cesenatico the “expo Ciclo & Vento“ many bike stalls, bike companies and so on....

That led me to Google and came up with a link for

this year

scroll down the page

and an archive here

If it's good enough for Campag 8-)

Oh ya dancer !

We were always going to shell out for transfers one way or t'other. Not bothered tbh, if Dante is organising them then it is one less thing to have to think about and removes all possibilities of Tom commandeering the satnav.

Suggestion re the single room would be to split the cost 14 ways. I don't know seem equitable somehow. Shoot me down if neceesary.

Had call from BA this morning advising me that the flight that I'm on to Gatwick is now scheduled to depart an hour earlier than previously billed 05.45. Taxi for O'Neill at 04.15 hrs!!!!! :shock: There are also some tweaks to departure times of the other flights both outbound and inward, but these are only 5 minutes or so and appear to be in line with what others have posted.

Tom, I think this only affects you and I. Hardly worth going to bed the night before I should think. Suggest we plan an all night session on red wine in an airport bar!!!!!

Forza Ra Joansini

M

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Milano!!

Weather today 21 - 22 C with blue sky and almost no wind. However our agent tells me weather can be very variable in May. Could be heatwave 30 C or Cool 15 C.

I have been practising my limited Italian but I am not offering myself as group interpretor!

ciao, Paolo.

If I can play dad for a minute :grin:

While I know you're all, ahem, responsible adults...I'm guessing you've logged onto BA to manage your booking?

There you'll see your checklist and what you've to do with your passport details before it gets to departure date?

Also, for anyone that hasn't been abroad before, here's a handy

bike packing guide

Hello, beer !!

Guys,

Finished packing my bike in a bag. Whole thing weighs in at circa 15kg. No idea how that compares to the rest of you. This leaves me about 8kg for kit etc. Now, I travel light and don't mind slumming it but I don't think 8 kg is going to cut it unless I live in lycra for the full 5 days. Regardless of weight it looks like I'll be taking 2 bags. I've been onto BA this morning and have been quoted £40 for an extra bag each way - £80!

What is everyone else doing? stuffing bike bags/boxes to their limit or taking the hit on an extra bag? That said I'm happy to share an additional bag with someone going out on Wednesday, splitting the cost accordingly.

M