Hi,

2 days into 9 day JOGLE. Keeping Wheelers colours well 2 the fore in field of 600. Had a 50 mile paceline all way down Loch Ness 2 Fort William today. Had 2 keep them in check lessons learned from the postings from West Ferry bunch. Thanks 2 Kenny S for helping with Camerons bike at Millport earlier.

James

James

just do what you did in Flanders dont bother with the stops and you will be in lands end by Tuesday :lol:

Thought about it but 1000 miles maybe a stretch too far. On foreign soil now, weather better and raced last 10 miles from Gretna with GB Paralympic team, only beaten by 3 so didn't let club down, missed the 30 though!

James

Hi,

End of the road on Day 5 i'm afraid, had a high speed crash coming down Shap Fell, resulting in broken collar bone and some road rash.

Thought i'd got away with only some road rash as it didn't feel bad at all, only when i ran hand over bone that i knew it was broke.

Gutted that it happened in something like this, but with the state of helmet it might have been worse.

James

Hard lines, James. :-( Hope you're not too sore.

Were you the only one involved in the crash?

I clipped a step in different road heights through a section of roadworks falling solo, but it spooked another guy who i was passing who came down as well but he was going slowly and was ok.

Ouch! Hope u mend quickly.

How's the bike?

Bikes fine as far as i can see except for few scuff on levers i think. Body took most of it before bike did a few more summersaults down hill.

It was one of those crashes that would have made for a good video.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Commiserations Jim. Bad day for collar bones - my Danny broke his today as well. Not nearly as dramatic as you though, as his was making a catch in a game of rounders. (PS he did hold on to the ball :lol: )

Watch out though - he's callenging you to see who will be back on the bike first. ;-)

PS See Charlie is up for this run if you give it another go. Give me a shout too?

cheers

M