• 2023 Subscriptions

http://sport.be.msn.com/lblcyclo/2011/fr/

270km in the Ardennes, anyone? The day before the pro race too, so we get to ride, drink beer and watch, but no cobbles this time.

(couple of wee hills, but nothing to challenge the likes of Billy and the rest of those etapers.)

What do you think?

• 2024 Subscriptions
Mulholland can we not have a bit of italian sophistication next year.

Don't know about the sophisticated part :lol: but I'd really love to do some cycling in Italy next year.

Possibly a grand fondo with some Giro action either side? That way we get to see the pros and drink nice wine and grappa too. Just a thought

Hello, beer !!

D

• 2023 Subscriptions
Mulholland can we not have a bit of italian sophistication next year.

non c'è problema. Just bring some chianti to Liege.

Give me a break, I'm proposing a trip to French speaking Wallonia this time. Think of it as completing your Belgian education.

It's a sportive on the parcours, followed next day by watching the race. Can you find such an option in Italy?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Probably a yip for me - as long as no clash with Easter holidays.

Probably also a preference for Italia - the talk on the boat of cycling specific hotels with grupetto's and grub all sorted sounded like grand idea.

Oh ya dancer !

Erm, i'm :-?

When is this?

Stoooopid!

It will be next year Mark.

Incidentally, I enjoyed this years sojourn so much that I don't mind where we go next time. Although we were very lucky with the weather, I must admit to hankering after a mid summer foray into Johnny Foreigners back yard. The aforementioned vino collapso, and sun drenched day's on the bike sound ideal to me. 8-)

I'm up for it, the crowds and atmosphere look somewhere on a par with the Ronde particularly if wee Phil can continue being the master of the Ardenne.

Could probably do another Euro trip into the bargain Hello, beer !! Fancy the Dolomites.

D

• 3 months later...

I love my wife too much to abandon her for a week (yes, it's a euphemism for not being allowed away for a week) so a weekend in the Ardennes would be ideal. I'm in. The mention of beer was the clincher.