Duncan McGregor Super 6

Ramsay

Guest Jim Daly

Brilliant result, David. :smash

It was only a matter of time until your class showed through

Following on from strong showings from Paul and Ramsay, been a good couple of weeks for the Joansin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for the messeges firsty.

Race was a bit hectic during the neutralised zone so I was pretty far back in the bunch but as I knew the climb was coming up when we got close I did a quick sprint up the outside of the bunch to get to the front. Did some work the first time up the hill to try and split the bunch up and form a "breakaway" but over the top there was about 30 guys so I drifted to the back to avoid working. This worked pretty well as I managed to avoid a few crashes in the bunch by managing to see everything that was happening. On the run in to the finish the rain was torrential and we could hardly see a thing. I was moving slowly up the bunch to get into a good position for the sprint as the finish is slightly uphill and quite tight but a guy attacked from behind me so I moved with him but dropped of him and jumped into 3rd place. The two in front did a few hundred meters of chasing and then looked at me. It was about 1-1.5km to the finish so I moved through to close the gap thinking that after I would be able to get into a good position for the sprint but after I had moved onto his wheel I looked behind and realised I had a 10m gap so I accelerated past and gave it everything to the finish and had about 50m by the end with enough time to have a two arm celebration.

Hopefully someone was at the finish with a camera.

Cheers David