Flanders 2011

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought of the week

Looks like we will have a fair buch making the trip for a few quip extra we could hire a large van and put all the bikes in it plus three people to travel in it what do you think :rockband

• 2023 Subscriptions

I definitely have room for 4 people and four bikes, but only have 2 bike racks. So whoever comes with me will need to beg, borrow or steal 2 racks (to fit onto square Thule roof bars).

While I'm on, I'm going to do the group entry on Monday, so anyone that hasn't got their details to me, then please PM me as soon as. I will then be looking for money!

I'll also look into getting my car booked next week, so looking for three passengers (and more money). Any volunteers (two people with bike racks would be good!).

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Without any additional kit I can take 3 persons plus 3 bikes. ie put down 2/3 of the back seat. Or put the frames on my bike rack and wheels in the boot.

It might just be feasible somehow to do 4+4 with 3 frames on rack (max) and one in boot but all gets a bit tight.

I have roof bars but no bike carriers. If 3 people with bike carriers join me I could manage 4 persons plus 4 bikes as I would get a bike carrier myself for the roof bars.

So as it stands can take 3+3.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just after writing the last post I had a quick look on ebay and discovered that perfectly adequate looking, brand new bike carriers that fit to roof bars start from £12 !

I could check out a brand to ensure they fit my bars then 3 others could buy same and travel in my car if required.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

I definitely have room for 4 people and four bikes, but only have 2 bike racks. So whoever comes with me will need to beg, borrow or steal 2 racks (to fit onto square Thule roof bars).

While I'm on, I'm going to do the group entry on Monday, so anyone that hasn't got their details to me, then please PM me as soon as. I will then be looking for money!

I'll also look into getting my car booked next week, so looking for three passengers (and more money). Any volunteers (two people with bike racks would be good!).

R

Ramsay,

I've got 2 racks which i'll supply for trip, they are for square Thule type roof bars. Happy to pay as soon as you require if there's a seat still available? The prices i got where just using P&O's online booking don't know if other avenues might be cheaper?

James

Had another look at vans price increases if we take it abroad cost about 300 for the ferry, but if we decide whos taking cars and what we can get in them fine.

Was looking at a few web sites re rooms these are filling up fairly quickly found the campernille (french chain cant remember the spelling of the name) would have 7. to 8 twin rooms 1k from town center 140 for the two nights based on the room

• 2023 Subscriptions

OK chaps, losing track here (may be the red wine).

Who's taking a car, and who's hitching a lift?

If I'm reading it right, the current state is:

Me +3 seats available (others can share driving on my insurance if they want, no charge).

Ramsay + 2 or +3

Paul McD + 2 or +3

Charlie's car as a backup if needed.

I'd like to book this week, like Ramsay suggests. Commitment please!

M

(Ramsay, PM'd you my details).

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes, I will take my car and book it within the next few days. Like Martin says lets get it done.

I need 2 more names for my car - I have myself and Darryl so far. I will be leaving from Lochwinnoch around noon Thursday 1st April so can collect along the way. You will have to either borrow or buy a roof bar (pretty cheap things annyway per previous post).

So post you name and make the big commit.

Re hotel - I say book the one mentioned somewhere earlier on this thread and thats it done.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy and i were going in my car. Have room for 2 more if can get bike racks.Insured for those of you over 25. If my car not needed then as Martin is a stone throw away Billy and I will give him the pleasure of our wit and repartie on the journey. ramsay if you could pm your bank details I will transfer money as and when you need it.

• 2023 Subscriptions
Billy and i were going in my car. Have room for 2 more if can get bike racks.Insured for those of you over 25. If my car not needed then as Martin is a stone throw away Billy and I will give him the pleasure of our wit and repartie on the journey. ramsay if you could pm your bank details I will transfer money as and when you need it.

I look forward to your tales of trips to Largs and other exotic destinations. :lol: Could be a long journey!!! :grin:;-)

Makes sense, neighbour. Anyone else from this neck of the woods to fill the vengabus and cabin? And I'll make the ferry booking asap.

As per other posts, thanks to Billy for sorting the accommodation. If you and Ramsay pm me your bank details I'll square up with you for entry and hotel.

M