9 April C11😡Plus associated lumps

Joined the bunch in sunny conditions down to ferry before continuing on my own for some sunny miles.

Major school boy error - hungover and only yesterday's empty water bottle for company... (fresh bottle left at home) Should have stopped somewhere for a refill but didn't.

Largs then home via Brisbane Glen. Bumped into James at bottom of golf course climb.

First gear malfunction at bottom of Whin Hill. Stuck in 11 tooth rear which would have killed me going up the Whin the way I was feeling. Took a while to realise battery retainer clip (on battery)had snapped so no contact. Swapped front and rear batteries and managed to get both to continue working for journey home.

54.8 miles in and punctured 2 miles from home. I was broken long before then anyway so phoned home for collection.... All in all a good day!!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

A hard, hard day out, struggling from the start it didn't get any better after C11. Big thanks to Paul for dragging me up to Tignabruich, but would have needed a tow truck after that. Thanks for waiting on me so many times today. Last 8 miles were fun. Really glad to come off the ferry and see my car sitting there.

Still, we all have days like that, so it's done and behind me now.