Winter bog's bunch 16/17

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brilliant run today. Due to cold it was through and off from the start but it was about the best disciplined through and off I have seen as the pace was steady high but did not creep up or blow apart or anything. At least 25 in bunch which got bigger as we went.

After Largs more of same, just faster.

Kilwinning drag full gas, all split up. Thanks to Alan for push at top which enabled me to hang on front group but I blew about 200m later!

Alan remained in there. I got in next group being driven by Andy G, Alex, Richie and Jesse. I was utterly hinging at the back. Poor Andy had chain jam when he was really looking strong. Eventually I managed a couple of spells then went out the back door. Alex flying.

Charlie and Jan rode up to me at Barrhead and we rode back up to Alex, so more or less JWCC finished together except Andy with his chain and Alan off the front.

Conclusion, track is brilliant for top end speed but not distance !

Not to worry DA17 is a while away

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

First pumping of the new year! And a few more to come no doubt!

Was starting to drift off the back going up the infamous drag then the elastic snapped, chased for a while on my own then got caught by Charlie, Mark and Ellen and we then slowly reeled in Andy - he took a long time to catch up as going strong.

Stupidly commuted to work yesterday and came off on ice right wrist sore so not for me today enjoy !

sorry to hear, hope its nothing serious

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brilliant run today. Due to cold it was through and off from the start but it was about the best disciplined through and off I have seen as the pace was steady high but did not creep up or blow apart or anything. At least 25 in bunch which got bigger as we went.

After Largs more of same, just faster.

Kilwinning drag full gas, all split up. Thanks to Alan for push at top which enabled me to hang on front group but I blew about 200m later!

Alan remained in there. I got in next group being driven by Andy G, Alex, Richie and Jesse. I was utterly hinging at the back. Poor Andy had chain jam when he was really looking strong. Eventually I managed a couple of spells then went out the back door. Alex flying.

Charlie and Jan rode up to me at Barrhead and we rode back up to Alex, so more or less JWCC finished together except Andy with his chain and Alan off the front.

Conclusion, track is brilliant for top end speed but not distance !

Not to worry DA17 is a while away

Ohyadancer!

Poor Andy nothing. Just need a stronger chain tae cope wi' ma power

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cracking day although another pumping for me.

A slight improvement on last week - made it over the worst of the drag, it was when it flattened out i was dropped! Also i think enough riders were dropped this week to make the gruppetto the peloton and the leaders the breakaway...so im claiming that as an improvement too!

Didnt see it but was told you had a tumble andy, hope everything is alright