Winter bog's bunch 16/17

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers I enjoyed a wee coffee with Darryl and Coin in Das Bagelhausen. Good craic. Enjoyed the bunch although run into Largs was hell but good to see Joansin dominating the last 5 miles.

Overall Bunch was hard going from westferry. Headwind was a factor and initially going through was too slow and being such a large bunch folk were getting cold. The solution to go through faster was good in terms of giving folk a turn at the front but as ever that the produced surges in pace which meant the bunch was very chaotic and unstable. Felt more like a race pace after gourock.

Anyways still enjoyed being in a bike in the company of a good bunch.

Andy

• 2024 Subscriptions

good to be out on the bike again. nice catch-up coffee break in the BB. but tbh the bunch was a bit of a shambles. is it normal now for this bunch to go so hard from so early in to the ride? From what I saw quite a few riders were in trouble from the excessive pace, causing gaps all over the place. And I'm not talking about inexperienced riders either.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Felt the pace hard until I got binned. By the time I got back to the back and ready to go back up the line my heart rate hadn't gone down much!! Good run back with Ryan but it down to a bad day but by the time i got home I was totally emptied. I have felt better after some bad nights out!! :)   

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mmmmm, sounds like things got a bit carried away. It does tend to happen once or twice every winter, hopefully folks not put off as up till now it has been steady eddy to Largs ( with the obvious exception of the odd wee habble for the last 3km ). Yes it does get pacey on and off afterwards but the bunch has stuck together and regrouped at top of W Kilbride drag.

Just to manage expectation for our many new members, after New Year it is generally the same ride to Largs but after that it is the norm for the pace to increase and there is no stopping for punctures etc round to Kilwinning then Barrhead.

Sounds like a drill instructor required next week :)

• Committee

Excellent tight bunch. The charges into Largs and howwood were perfectly paced to stretch folk a bit. the tiny climb from Barrcraig reservoir has never been so challenging as I blew up getting onto big Jan's wheel.

I met Emma in bow. She took the lh turn in Dalry and must have been only a couple of minutes ahead on the return. All well and accounted for.

• Committee

mcdonald you get dqd for "unfair advantage" for attacking when the van came past.

Mind you I'd never have caught you anyway, was hanging on like grim death to gummers and co.

Still my favourite strava name and section

https://www.strava.com/activities/804494844/segments/19642785845

it usually comes at the end of a kicking

• Committee

is greenacres official habblefest now?

Looks like Ian Archibald did a splendid solo effort in the gale today and big Jan snatched some eastbound top 10s Renfrew bound. Chapeau to both.

I have a couple of days xmas bloating, then back to work but hoping to get out Sat 31st so see youse there if weather ok. Its a week away but looking good at present.