Winter bog's bunch 16/17

Alan McLean

• Committee

Great day. Darryl has clearly recovered and no longer needs a domestique.

Good charge on the world famous Largs 40-30 segment but missed the KOM by 3 secs. Aaaargh.

Bagel Basket boss has offered to hang a photo on his wal from the forthcoming CW article. We will be famous and live forever.

An older chap joined us in BB and reminisced about riding with Wattie Buchanan! I was too busy  shoveling in my bagel tower before I thought to ask more. But he had gone....sort of Tales of the Unexpected.

• Committee

Bagel Tower = split toasted bagel with bacon and eggs

Wattie Buchanan=local photographer who founded JWCC

CW= Cycling Weekly

Largs 40-30 is segment between the two speed limit signs, about 1k. Current KOM 68 secs, should get <60 secs in a strong northerly with a bunch on full gas.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Indeed a splendid day today with the bogs bunch being 10 JWCC and 3 esteemed guests. As far as first bogs bunch of the years go that was one of the hardest I remember. Legs well shredded. I got a puncture on Barmill circuit, it was actually a big thorn from the a Kilbride drag where there was hedge cutting giving me a slow. Quick fix and toddle home while the lads headed on up the road.

Thanks for company, won't take too many of those to begin on the fitness,

:)

• 2024 Subscriptions

Bagel Tower = split toasted bagel with bacon and eggs

Wattie Buchanan=local photographer who founded JWCC

CW= Cycling Weekly

Largs 40-30 is segment between the two speed limit signs, about 1k. Current KOM 68 secs, should get <60 secs in a strong northerly with a bunch on full gas.

I'm a stickler for the details. Thanks Alan!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes, very lively up W Kilbride drag and basically from there to Howwood. Ones tank duly emptied. And to think Alex was concerned about hanging on as he missed last week. No worries there mate.

Gonna miss the fun next week with the track masters on in the afternoon.

:)