Saturday, 1 October 2016 - Hill Climb Championships for the Joe Brunetti Shield 10:30 Howwood, 0.3 miles

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is the last Confined Event of the season, and is on the morning of the Club Anniversary Dance.

The road will be closed for the event, and the schedule is:

09:30 Road Closed
09.45 Sign on
10:00 Road open for practice
10:30 Senior event starts
11:00 (approx) youth event
12:00 Road open to traffic

Any volunteers for timekeeping / marshalling?  We need 2 timekeepers, 1 holder upper & 2 marshalls to guide traffic around the closed road.

Please post if you intend to ride, or are able to help.

The route is as per previous years, but here is a link for anyone who has not done it before: JWCC Hill Climb Route

• 2023 Subscriptions

Graham, was wondering if it would be ok for my brother to also join us? As he is a non-member I wondered if that would be ok?

Hi Chris, Yes non-members (over 18) are welcome to participate at confined events as a taster with the option to join at a later date.  He will not be able to win the trophy though - at least in part because you will be faster than him!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Expecting a good showing of Jets tomorrow. We cancelled normal Saturday coaching session and advertised hill climb on fb and mailed all our members. We are offering prizes at each age cat (u8, u10, 12, 14, 16) as well as the Elliston Shield.

Will bring easy-up to use as start house as per last year.

Cheers

M

• Members

Well done to all riders , I was delighted to attend and see so many riders competing. I had my father Murdo MacDonald along who was club race secretary in 70/80s . He couldn't believe the number of Jets competing and the variety of age ranges. Well done to riders and officials a great event showcasing the multi talented riders the club has .

My father was surprised by the gazebo at the start line wishing they had been invented in his day plus iphone stopwatches completely confused him  , I was happy to be  the catcher at the summit for the riders and give them a wee help to get their feet out and recover . An old tradition  which hopefully will be used in future event's as I always appreciated it when I was competing  .

ps the jets were easier to push but as the number grew it was further to push them up the hill each time so I got a good work out LOL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to all riders , I was delighted to attend and see so many riders competing. I had my father Murdo MacDonald along who was club race secretary in 70/80s . He couldn't believe the number of Jets competing and the variety of age ranges. Well done to riders and officials a great event showcasing the multi talented riders the club has .

My father was surprised by the gazebo at the start line wishing they had been invented in his day plus iphone stopwatches completely confused him , I was happy to be the catcher at the summit for the riders and give them a wee help to get their feet out and recover . An old tradition which hopefully will be used in future event's as I always appreciated it when I was competing .

ps the jets were easier to push but as the number grew it was further to push them up the hill each time so I got a good work out LOL

Thank you very much for the catching.