27th Largs one way or another

• 2023 Subscriptions

By the time I got to the BB there was a massive queue so decided to press on up the Haylie.

Jeezo-what a plod. Of course I punctured at the top then clattered a big pothole that gubbed my brand new back wheel. My fancy Lezyne co2 inflator is still at the roadside at Mills Dairy as its a piece of bobbins.

Cycling is rubbish. The end.

• Committee

Beautiful day with fantastic views of Arran.

Lovely big bunch.

Proper club run. Much solidarity demonstrated in waiting for and rescuing puncturees, at one point there were at least five groups on Brisbane either:

1.punctured

2.going back to help

3.patiently waiting

4. going back to find the first search party

5. bringing up the rear (me)

Three of us bailed over the Loch Thom track, I presume we were just ahead of Whin group at the end.

Sunshine! Just what i needed. Lovely cycle. Counted 23 in the Bunch at it largest, which for a JWCC Bunch ride is the most i can remember for some time.

James and I met Couttie on the path back from Kilmacolm, so the off road nutters were only a minute or so ahead if the Whinn hill clumbers.

1.6 miles from home and my tyre let go with a 4 inch rip in the side wall. Mobile phones! What an invention!

• Life Members

Than was a great run for sure, especially the weather! Makes a change from cycling in wind, rain & cold :-)

Thanks Billy for sorting out the weather :-)

Indeed the biggest bunch for quite a while, with some old / newer faces, returnees & a few Jets thrown in just to bring the bunches average age & weight down a bit :-)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the wheels today! I'm totally knackered now - 136km happy as a bunny!

Happy New Year everyone, a good end to the year indeed!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fabulous day out on the bike. Great to be out in a big bunch in dry, if cold conditions, and some of the views across the Clyde were magnificent. Popped about 10 miles from home, just after the bump on the road to Kilmacolm, then plodded along after that and met Alex at the end of the cycle track trying to mend a 4-inch gash. Never going to happen mate.