Bike Workshop Monday 12th October 7pm till 9 pm

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Second in the series of workshops. This one will be led by Paul McDonald. Again like Chung Paul is concentrating on the basics that will keep you on the road. He will cover the following :-

- get a back wheel in and out efficiently

- puncture repair

- chain repair

- adjust brakes

- adjust headset

- fit and adjust brake and gear cables

- tune gear mechs

- change/ adjust bottom bracket, wheel bearings and headset

- a million other things!!

Hopefully all the workshops will be well supported by members

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

All

Looks like we have a good quorom for Monday night. Here is what I thought I would cover but if anyone has anything specific they would like covered then please let me know, I can cover most things on Shimano and SRAM but sorry not too familiar with that Italian brand, Campag.. something ! - I will bring a bike to demonstrate each thing.

- use of You Tube and online PDF Service manuals as an excellent resource to do just about anything on a bike if you want to buy the tools

- short item on quick and effective removal of back wheel

- short item on couple of wee intracacies of puncture repair on the road

- whilst the back wheel is off will cover a cassette change

- chain change and care (sounds like Chung may have done some of this)

- headset adjustment (can cover changing headset another time if enough interest due to time it takes)

- brake adjusting, centering , bolt tension and cable care (leave cable changing to another time if enough interest due to time it takes)

- tuning gear mechs (again leave fitting of mechs and levers and cable changing to another time as it is more lengthy)

- probably that will be enough. Future topics could be the 3 mentioned plus many more - we'll see how it goes and how far people want to take it.

See you at 7

Iain Couttie - Am I safe to ssume the keys I got from you about 2 months ago are still the current keys !

thanks