Renfrew summer bunch

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was running a bit late so decided to meet the bunch after the swing bridge, waited a while then started going slow along the route but still no sign, waited after Bishopton then ended up riding with another guy who had been waiting too, he then vanished along the west ferry somewhere. So not the biggest of bunch rides in the end :D

Guest EPCC

No

However you should do something that would improve your racing ability so do longer pulls on the front, drop of the back and chase back on

It doesn't look like anybody will be racing the Ten today as at the mo only 3 have indicated they would ride and nobody wants to time keep

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Been great to have some extended evening runs.

Iain, I have to take the Japanese approach and publicly fall on my sword for such an embarrassingly poor lead out (the tank was just empty), I look forward to rectifying that one day in the winter bunch :)

I reckon all his summery weather will be putting next years troopers in the mood for a sunny sportive maybe in Spain :):)

• 6 months later...
  • Committee

thread bump for new season. Am I really a year older?

Apologies to official club TT and unofficial sewing bee/artisanal knitting club which clash but I am rubbish at TT and usually can't make Morrison's on time.

First ride was very hard at last for the first half before I pulled off home. Twelve riders out.

Alan and JanU looked very comfortable at the front, I hid in wheels and established a new max HR of 166. No shame in joining half the bunch up the short cut.

Still a bit gloomy by 1930 but will quickly brighten.

Suggest you join now, they will only get faster.

• Committee

yes tonight. I was so outclassed on Tue I just weighed my bikes in desperation.

My winter bike used last Tuesday is carbon but it weighs 11kg. My summer bike is 7kg.

Doh. Hope that explains some of the pain.

Will doubtless still get a kicking but see you in an hour.