Renfrew summer bunch

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a night.

I achieved a first that I never wanted to achieve. First time pumped after Bridge of Weir !

Well done Ian anD Alex making the split when it blew apart at Houston. AnD Andy for his efforts to pull our small group back to the front, sorry I couldn't help !

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Monumental bunch tonight. Couldn't believe the split between BoW and Houston. Well done to Alex and Jan making the split. Paul and I in a small group of 5 behind breakaway. I've no idea where everyone else was. Bunch was completely smashed by break

Andy

• Committee

Excellent night. My personal elastic snapped after Houston and I joined one of the little groups for redline chase. We only lost 20 secs on the main bunch but it was very hard.

I can usually easily draft towards the rear of the bunch in the final few ks. This was much more fun. In retrospect.

Big clatter and shouts in Kilmacolm. I saw a saddle on the road.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cold night, made the mistake of not having overshoes on toes were frozen by the end!

You were all in the front third when i joined in Bishopton so wouldnt have seen it (nor were any of you at fault) but the first bit of the west ferry towards Langbank was chaos towards the back - 3 or 4 abreast and just generally all over the place  - it's not every rider doing it (only a handful) but they make everyone else in the group look bad by association and forcing riders into the outside lane if they want to move up is not exactly safe :(

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good night and hard going into the wind out to the Port. Nice to get some relief from the wind after the Clune. Dropped chain at the Houston 30 but managed to get Dr McLean's wheel at the roundabout but by that stage couldn't step up to increase in pace. Bye bye bunch. Still I had fun. Loving being back in a fast bunch again. I missed it so much last year!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Impressive DA run Paul I counted 6 DAs and ADs.

Funny night pacing all over the place until the port, plus traffic lights and mAD car drivers. Then after the Clune total mADness ensued. It became very DArk indeed after Houston rounDAbout. Epic evening though

In terms of DAs and ADs I count 9

Sounds like another full-on night!

Me anD Alan (sic) opted for hill repeats insteAD of the Bunch anD After 35 miles were a quarter of La SufriDA in terms of distance anD Altitude (1300m).

Hopefully the sunshine anD Amazing scenery will make it more fun.