Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

Hard day in wet freezing conditions, only now able to type this up after thawing out. Mr Archibald going well after his winter training camp in Spain, well enough that we dropped the bunch on the drag and the two of us finished alone, I did come through a few times but the drop in speed was noticeable, Ian takes all the glory for another week. I was just happy to hold on for the finish ;)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Punctured on hill up to inverkip0 then 3 up to Largs with Billy & James short stop then drpped on west Kilbride drag another puncture so went up hill at West Kilbride then headwind all way to lochwinnoch where I am now in castle Semple cafe as had 3rd puncture wife not answering phone and cafe do not sell strong spirits

Next week I am going to go in to the garden and beat myself with a stick as that would be more fun than this

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was very sore. As we all saw it was pretty full on from about the Red Smiddy in a bunch of over 20. Bunch split a bit on the Cloch DrAg then a lot more on the Inverkip drag. I was with Alex and Alan in a group of 8 riding pretty hard into Largs. Stop longer than usual whilst we tried to figure where everyone was and who was doing what. Charlie arrived just as we were leaving after his puncture and very gamely decided to join the much depleted full route group. Leaving Largs the tempo was more of the same and by the time we got to W Kilbride Charlie had gone and I was sitting in. 8 left in group now and I sat at back to Kilwinning drag where the lights didn't just go out, they imploded. Big Alan still in group and giving it dokey. Granny ring home for me and in a bad state when I got back, too long without any long runs due to lurgy. Don't think I can remember being in Largs for 11.35

:)

Likewise first run for a long time. Not feeling it at all before the Bogs so decided to get to Largs and join some others. Great run into Largs. Brutal but great with only 8 remaining from a bunch of high 20s. Bagel Basket and regrouped with Daryl, Billy, Alan McL, James and a couple of Jets.

Took the Brisbane Glen route with a hellish head wind, then heavy snow, then thick lying snow for around 8 miles. (I'll post some pics later). James took off-road cut to Kilmacolm (must have been interesting in the snow! Hope you got back okay) Jets went for train in Greenock and Daryl, Alan, Billy and I headed for home via the Clune. Freezing cold, wet, windy, but all in all a cracking day out on the bike!

• Committee

dropped early so abandoned plans to go round and had proper coffee in BB with the other skivers.

Very grey skies looming over Brisbane, started in sun, ended in full-on winter by Loch Thom, proper snow and everything. The ride was neutralised as we tried not to brake, accelerate or turn the bars. Snow persisted to the hairpin at top of Old Largs Road where the sensible walked down the steep bits.

Looking forward to heavily edited photos from Alex to demonstrate our immensely Fredly bro toughness (insanity shurely? Ed)

Adam was wearing summer shoes and socks so popped into IRH to get a couple of frostbitten toes chopped off.