Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed my shortened route,lovely climb up past visitors centre at the cut, to old Largs road, then cx rout at the cattle grid on to Kilmalcolm road. A bit of ice but not much. 45miles and a nice warm up for tomorrow. Apologies to those behind me today rear mud guard fell in two, so bike shop visit today.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cheers for putting the boot in then slinking off, Couttie!

Beautiful day in Renfrew but as we turned to ride over the swing bridge we encountered fog which dropped the temperature by 10 degrees.

Anyway, didn't feel great all day so knew the hammer was coming-

On the way back in things escalated quickly, guys getting shelled from moment we turned at the Blair restaurant.

Went through a couple of times but knew I was out of my depth so sat in but the effort of going round guys being dropped soon took its toll.

I eventually succumbed a mile and a half from lugton when I lost impetus by hitting a big pothole & couldn't close a gap of all of two metres.

Could see some JWCC heading to Barrhead but turned off for home.

Only my 2nd ride over 50 miles in last two months so happy enough with my effort.

Really enjoyed today never had the miles in my legs to get all the way round so have a nice ride to Barhead with Daryl

The good thing is Charlie never reply lasted any longer

Three pain killers needed for next week

Revenge is sweet! I knew Charlie was a one hit wonder! 

After having mudguard problems of my own it was great to see the Joansin waiting up and working together and catch the main bunch with ease - big turn out helped, think there were 9 of us - thanks guys. I think everyone made it up the Kilwinning drag only for all hell to break loose on the habble into Barrhead with attacks coming thick and fast. Iain Ulrich made a break before we even got to Neilston I think! Eventually came together for the sprint with Alan in the mix and Alex taking third again - a great effort. With four of us there till the end and honorary wheeler Lewis in there as well. Gubbed afterwards and thanks to Alex and Lewis for the wheel home. Great day out (weather included) - bring on next week!

Greg first over the line with Richie and I following. At least 5 JWCC in the final bunch at Barrhead, so a nice contingent for the tough slog back home from Barrhead.

That's got to be the muddiest I've been on a road bike. I've had cleaner days mountain biking!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable ride, good chase back from Troon to the Kilwinning drag with Darryl marshalling the troops well. After that the steadier/slower pace up the climb meant i got to enjoy the delights of Lochlibo road with the bunch rather than on my own, so much more motivating having wheels to follow.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well done to all the JWCC riders. It was a strong showing all day. Good that we showed some restraint too and waited for Iain. I sat up at Lugton after having gone a bit too deep on the front and soft pedalled into Barrhead with Billy. Extra kudos to those of you in the mix at the end- very impressive indeed.