2014 (spring/summer) Kit Order

Mark O

Could all members wishing to order club kit please post up the garments they wish to order and the size they require. An 'at the latest' delivery date of March/April is envisaged for this order.

I'm imposing a cut off date of 30th November to post your orders on the forum to allow time to compile a full club order list and place it with a supplier.

Regards

Mark

• Members

Short sleeve short zip jersey, large

Bib shorts medium

Short sleeve skin suit, not sure if it should be medium or large.

Advice on sizing, anyone?

FYI:

The skinsuit I wear at track league is a large, Alan. It's a great close fit on the upper body, but looser than I'd like round the legs. It tends to ride up.

Ok folks, to head off the usual comments about sizes, I'm looking into the options regards a new supplier. I have already crossed one or two off my list from feedback from other cycling clubs based on their collective experience.

I hope to organise a evening whereby members can try the fit of whats on offer and see the quality etc. I'll post up details as and when these are available. This shouldn't stop those wishing to order kit advising me of what they want. Bear in mind the cut off date - just to keep a lid on things. Also, to keep this thread as clean as possible, if you have advice for a fellow members could you PM that advice rather than posting on the thread.

Essentially yes but no order will be actually placed 1st December. I was wishing to keep matters simple to start with.

I want to have an idea of what people want and have a general idea of the size of the order. I will look at options regards suppiers and then report to the committee my recommendations between now and the end of the month - all this will happen while people feed in their order. Once a suppier has been identified and okayed by the committee, I will arrange to make available a cross section of garments from the preferred suppier to club members to confirm sizing and the quality/range they wish to opt for.

Full costing details will also be made available based on what is being ordered. From what I have already looked at the costs are not miles apart but are ultimately based on the size of order and what is being ordered. I fail to see what your concerns are Richard, if you want new kit advise me of that kit.

Let me reassure you that I am working in the best interests of the club's members in regards to fit, quality, delivery times and value for money. Bear in mind I want all those things in my club kit too.

What you give me between now and the end of November is not cast in stone, merely an indication of what people want. I don't see the difficulty in this.

• Members

Well, the difficulty was that the first post - with the cut-off date and request for items and sizes - reads like this is where you place your order rather than an information-gathering exercise. I thought I was being asked to commit by the 30th or miss out. That's what deadlines normally mean in this context. My concern was simply that the clothing and sizes I want depend entirely on who's making it, what's available and how much it costs.

Jan,

I'm waiting for details to come in from a number of potential suppliers - one has suggested 4 working days before the package they are sending out hits my door mat. As and when information arrives and I have had a chance to go through it I will make it available.

To all,

Can this thread please be used for advising me of what you might like to order only. As and when I have information on costs or anything else such as samples, or times and places to go try on garments for size etc., I will post up accordingly. Until then a little forbearance to allow me to assemble the relevant information would be greatly appreciated, its only been 56 hours!!! (5 of which I spent actually riding my bike) At present there is NO information to be had and therefore pointless posting up questions.

Thanks

M

• 2 weeks later...

Guys/Girls,

I've had discussions with the Pactimo distributor for Scotland, who had hoped to send me a full fit kit for our persual and to try on for size. Unfortunately, while a fit kit can be sent from Pactimo, it does not afford us the chance to look at the 3 different ranges they offer in terms of quality. I have seen the varying quality and am of the opinion it is well worth considering the various options.

What has been suggested that we, as a club, meet with the distributor at Cafe Siempre on Dumbarton Road (next to Kelvinhall underground Station) to go through the levels of quality and try the kit on offer for size. Cafe Siempre is open late on a Thursday evening and I would suggest we try to organise something for next Thursday 5th December, most likely early in the evening (exact time TBC). I'm reluctant to consider another week as to leave matters any later will begin to trip into silly season in the run up to Christmas. I realise this won't suit everyone but I can't account for every possibility. I will ask if other arrangements can be made for those who can't make and advise accordingly. That said a single well attended event is preferable.

Pactimo are one of two companies I have identified as potential new kit suppliers for the club. This is your chance to come and have a look see whats on offer, what size suits you best, ask questions and give some feedback. This potentially will be what you are wearing on the bike in future and I am keen to afford members some genuine input into the question of club kit purchase. Could I ask those who are interested and are available post up to that effect by Sunday evening in order that I can get back to cafe Siempre on Monday with a yes/no and some ideas of numbers

The other company under consideration is Owayo. I've asked for a fit kit to be sent out to me from Owayo and will arrange an evening at Miller Street to do fittings etc when it arrives.

Cheers

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for the work Mark.

Probably wont make next Thursday so if anyone who is trying the stuff on could compare sizing to the current Endura that would be helpful. Looking at their website Pactimo offer a team store option which looks quite convienient for ordering, may save a bit of the hassle involved for those of you organising the order.