2014 (spring/summer) Kit Order

Mark O

George,

Don't know yet. Something soon after working hours would suit me, seeing as the venue is just along the road from me. However there may be those coming in from further afield who we need to consider. Once I know the likely numbers (help me out here people - who is coming to this event? It is your club kit we are deciding on.) and chat to Kirsteen at Cafe Siempre, I'll post up a time. As a rough guide would sometime between 5pm and 7pm.

M

For those who can make it, Cafe Siempre will entertain us from just after 6pm until 8pm on Thursday (5th) evening. A chance to get familiar with what's on offer in terms of fabric and quality, to try on for size bits and pieces of kit and ask questions.

I'll be there for the most part. I'd appreciate feedback on this positive and negative, so feel free to post up your thots. This will also give you fellow members some idea of what's what with regards to Pactimo.

Cheers

M

Afternoon All,

The fit kit has now arrived from Owayo. It is a mixed collection, shorts, jerseys, jackets and skinsuits and probably sufficient to meet our needs in terms of sizing. The material appears to be the same across most of what I've been sent through. I, however, have fabric sample panels for your perusal.

We have this box of goodies for 10 days before I'm required to return it to Owayo. So to allow people to come have a look and try on I will be at the clubrooms on Saturday morning 10 -12 noon, and on Tuesday evening from around 6.30 pm onwards til 9. This ties in nicely with the times when we'll be working on the clubrooms so you can have a go at that too.

For those who can't make these times I will do my best to accommodate you, but I have a life too. PM me if you need preferential treatment. If you wish to try on the available shorts/skinsuits it may be an idea to wear a pair of cycling shorts to the clubrooms or bring some with you.......just saying like.

As with the Pactimo evening on Thursday, please post up your comments on this brand of clothing. This is your club kit and I'm determined to secure club kit which best meets the needs of as many of you as possible when recommending a suppier to the committee.

Cheers

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

I popped in just before 5pm, tried on shorts and top, lovely fit and feel....only problem may be the price, the ones i tried on were the mid-range ( i think) and it was £95 s/s top and £120 shorts, thats double the current prices...I would definately pay a bit more, as they really do feel great quality, but not twice the price..hopefully i'm wrong and these were the Pro version, but i'm sure the guy said they were the mid-range ones.

Ian,

I think you have looked at the pro range prices. What was on show this evening is the ascent (mid) range. There is also the continental range which is more modestly priced. The sizing is the same across the ranges. I've asked if a mixed of ranges can be ordered and while this hasnt been confirmed 100% it certainly hasn't been ruled out.

A full price list is on pactimo's website.

Mark

• Members

Thinking out loud (and for the benefit of those who couldn't make it) the Continental budget range isn't all that different to the Endura kit we've currently got: no arm or waist grippers on the jerseys; no flat-lock stitching. Prices start at £34 for a short-sleeve jersey and £44 for bib shorts (those numbers are from Pactimo's price list - prices don't include VAT.)

The mid-range Ascent gear was really nice: metal zippers, gripper strips, flat-lock stitching, nice pads in the shorts. A much better cut than the Endura gear, I think - racier. Prices for short-sleeve jerseys and bib shorts start at £52 and £57 respectively.

The top-of-the-range Summit stuff was brilliant: dimples on the speed suit; race-cut. Jerseys with all the features of the mid-range stuff but made from even nicer material. It feels great in your hands when you pick it up. Prices start at £57 for jerseys and £97.50 for shorts, again without VAT.

You can see for yourself how expensive an Ascent jersey and bib shorts would be: £128.40 before any discounts for larger quantities. Shipping would have to be added onto that figure, too, I guess. And do you know if Pactimo ship from America, Mark? Could we get stung for duty as well? :-/

Like Ian McGinty, I'd be prepared to pay more for nice stuff. But having looked at the prices, I'm just not sure I'm prepared to pay that much more. If I did, the kit would be coming out for racing and nothing else.

The other thing that worries me is the minimum order numbers. If I understand things correctly, you have to order a minimum of five of each garment. Now, if we could all agree on a specific range, I don't think we'd have any problems with the minimum for short-sleeved jerseys or bib shorts. But what about other items: gilets, rain jackets? Do we have five members, for example, who want to pay the best part of 100 quid for a short-sleeved skinsuit?

I hate having to mention costs at all because the quality of the kit was amazing. Thanks very much for organising, Mark. Much appreciated. It'll be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.