Sunday 29th Sept 13 - End of Season Full Club Run

Mark O

This has idea has been muted on Billy's "Dos and Don'ts in the bunch" thread, elsewhere on the forum and has met with some enthusiasm.

So, I'm suggesting a repeat of last year's run down to Largs. - 2,3 or even 4 (depending on numbers) bunches of 10-12 riders heading off at 5 minute intervals. An even mix of 30 milers, intermediates and main bunchers in each. Perhaps a 3 line whip could be envoked.

As per last year, the run is open to Jets who are confident of covering the distance and have sorted out a responsible adult to accompany them. Mul, can you confirm this approach is ok, and give me your thots on jets buddying up with seniors where their parent/guardian doesn't ride.

The idea is to have a bit of a social run as a full club; a chance to get to know the riders in the other groups, ask questions of more experienced riders and to pass on knowledge etc - you get the idea. The pace will be friendly but not a 12 mph pootle - steady mid teens should be expected. There will be a mandatory cafe stop at the Bagel Basket as before.

At Largs, the plan would be to do the Haylie (note the spelling for all you pedants!) and return to Miller Street keeping the mixed groups as far as possible and the sociable pace. Those wishing to perhaps stretch their legs and do some additional faster miles feel free.

If there is the desire, I reckon the clubrooms could be opened up for tea and coffee afterwards.

If you want this run to go ahead post up to that effect and indicate which bunch you usually rider with. Jets also indicate your responable adult.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sounds good to me. Most of my riding this year has been with the 30 milers, but I've done a couple of main bunch trips. Didn't finish either of them. I guess intermediates would be the right level for me.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Mark,

Thumbs up to the idea of some of our older Jets joining in the fun, and thanks on their behalf for the invitation. Can you confirm a date and I will email our members to pass on the invitation - including the 'buddying up' idea, which I think is great.

In terms of who is free to come along, I'll guess that depends on which date you choose. It's not the end of the youth season for a wee while yet!

Have a look at the events still to come (makes you tired just reading, some of the Jets will be at all of these)

15/09: Glasgow Riderz TT

21/09: Rothesay

22/09: National TT

28/09: West Lothian Clarion hill climb or ERC cross

05/10: Braveheart Omnium at SCHV

06/10: JWCC hill climb

06/10: CX starts proper...

11 - 13/10: National track champs

19/10: Stirling hill climb