Admiralty Road Race 22 June

Guest EPCC

Just finalised the meeting times

All Marshalls please be at the community hall 0915 briefing and high vis vest will be issued carried out

Drivers Can you be at the Community Hall for 0900 for briefing and signs and radios

Chief Commissaire+ Tom Hill

Ass Commissaire + Alan McLean

Lead Car 1 Mark Oneil

Lead Car 2 Ramsay Muirhead

First Aid Car Ross Toole ( ross you are driving them not providing )

General Dogs body Me

Locations From the community centre Corner 3, and 4, 1 , 2

Andy Corner 3 but might use you else where on the day

Thanks To all who have offerd their services

Last call can anybody get the cakes of Jann in Port Glasgow please ( except Ross)

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great race today mr and mrs marshalls and organisers and signer onners and drivers. Thank you all very much for enabling 3 of us to race.

Paul

As for race it was pretty unrelenting, circuit proved testing with the loose chip section sapping energy before the climb each lap. Hugh just seems to float up the climb whlist most are rocking and rolling, huffin and puffin. Me and hugh got to the end in the bunch and we both finished mid bunch. I tried very hard to sprint but legs locked up, sat down for a sec, tried again but it was not going to happen. Race had just been too demanding. Great to be racing as always.

Well said Paul ...thanks to all who made this happen, even the weather worked out in the end!

4th time up the hill was too much for me ...the fact that a fair few others were tailed off at the same time was at least some consolation. The couple of hundred yards worth of gravel beforehand fairly brutalised the legs before the road even started going up and caused splits as you really had to stick on a single line for fear of losing it so couldn't get round people to get up the road. Again no excuses from me ...no patch on the young fit guys who are coming through including a super strong Hugh or the older experienced racers who have been doing it for years ...step forward Mr McDonald.

Forget a Ribble Stealth I need a Yamaha R1 or .........an audax bike.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

D

Don't compromise. Get the stealth. It will do absolutely fine as an audax or sportive bike when you want to do them.

Also, you're only a low single figure % away from hinging on to the end. The good news is the final % point is in the head.

Hugh, well done, indeed lots of potential there, you are one of the most natural climbers I've ever had the discomfort to observe at close quarters !

:)

Guys can I say from the apprentice organiser thanks to all the drivers marshals bakers and very body else who helped put this on

This is the first time I have done such a thing and much praise should go to Kenny for making sure everything needed to be done is done

I think a prestiges club such as ours should be running these events however to do so we need the help of all so quoting Churchill never has so much been owed to such few

Thanks

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Have to say that from where I was standing that looked pretty brutal.

Checked Richard Provan's strava which showed a 24.5mph average!

& this is a development race!

All 3 Johnstonians acquitted themselves very well. Not only is young Hugh an obvious talent but he always seemed to be perfectly positioned.

The sooner he gets a burd & starts on the bevvy, the better :)

Well done to all!

p.s. I didn't take a cake: cos I'm in training mode.

Billy, you build it and they'll come. I'm sure I speak for most when I say we are all happy to muck in and make sure every runs to plan.

On the point of the tempo yesterday, I was regularly in the high 30s in front of the bunch with the riders not any getting smaller in my mirrors. The rate of knots up the various ramps was pretty good. That said the big boys were going up some of Glasgow's notable ramps chew sing on mars bars. It's all relative I suppose.

Well done Billy and Kenny for putting a successful event together.