Strava

Alan McLean

• Committee

Hmm. According to Strava I cycled 371km in 44 mins on my ride to work today. It seems I started in North Wales.

Anyone else having odd readings?

Anyway I am having a poor time regaining my KOM records because most of mine were set with a howling tailwind Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Bring on autumn.

PS Has anyone tried out Oude Port Glasgow? Sustained 9% through the middle of town for 1 mile, finishes up the Muur van Dougliehill.

Alan

• 2024 Subscriptions

I'm not a strava user but I do like the idea of the 2 hour ride thingy. When you guys get the routes sorted we could use one for training. What about the old midweek hilly around langbank,.westglen etc. That has got to be a good candidate?

D

• 2023 Subscriptions
I'm not a strava user but I do like the idea of the 2 hour ride thingy. When you guys get the routes sorted we could use one for training. What about the old midweek hilly around langbank,.westglen etc. That has got to be a good candidate?

D

daryl

if you log on to strava you can download your garmin very easily and join the fun

good effort phil, closest yet...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl, a thought, maybe others keen?

Tuesday night 6.30 Howwood, I already know the route just need to make it official after my IT hitch.

2 hours of climb climb climb.

Easy when you can spell about on brief flat bits.

Just sayin like.

always bogs bunch option

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
My Nove Colli fitness is paying off as I am now in 2nd place on the 'Zoooom' run from Kilbirnie to LW with ave speed 23.3 mph!

Ramsey & Mark - better getyer finger out cos you are 17th and 18th respectively!

Paul - "Finger is out"! You are now third! ;-)

:grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul - indeed it was just my road bike. Can't go any faster at the moment, well, not without a good tailwind! :grin:

Greig - Alan has also had some issues. If you are having problems then just email the Strava support telling them what is wrong and copy in a link to the ride. They should be able to fix it for you. I found them incredibly helpful.

• 2023 Subscriptions

George,

I created the "Clune-Kilmacolm Road" segment which starts at the same bit as the "Clune" (just by Lidl), but it finishes at the layby we stop at on a Thursday night. This covers all of the climbing effort out of the Port on a Thursday night.

I see Alan and Duncan have done the very steep wee back road climb up out of Port Glasgow, that finishes up the Devol climb! Brutal! I get out of breath driving up it! :shock:

R

Has anyone else had any problems with strava ive just done a run with elaine and its either showing her going right through stanley reservoir on the way up to the braes or on the way down and shes bone dry any advice ?

greig Hello, beer !!

Use it as proof of a miracle, the fact that not only can Elaine walk on water, but that she can indeed run on water.

I see a fortune to be made from the movie rights, t-shirts etc, not to mention loads of pairs of free running shoes from endorsment of her chosen brand.

icon_bounce_3

• Committee
Hello Stravwegians,

Can someone tell me where the clune segment starts & finishes?

Ta,

George.

Hi George

You can select and zoom in on segments in satellite view. That will show you start/end of segments within a couple of metres. Main Clune is roundabout to roundabout.

Happy riding

Alan

• 2024 Subscriptions
Darryl, a thought, maybe others keen?

Tuesday night 6.30 Howwood, I already know the route just need to make it official after my IT hitch.

2 hours of climb climb climb.

Easy when you can spell about on brief flat bits.

Just sayin like.

always bogs bunch option

?

Oh ya dancer !

Only just seen this Paul. I like the sound of this. Maybe next Tues?

• Committee
Doing it in a group is clearly cheating :-P

You may surpass the mark but your record will have an asterisk next to it...

Quite right Phil. As head com I take a very dim view of aided attempts. But I am minded to let it stand if successful because:

a) a successful, albeit cheated, attempt will provide a benchmark and spur the REAL hard men in the club to greater effort and

B) because the main protagonists are going to feel dog sick if they manage it

Rule 34.1.a states that the route should be entirely confined to the 1:25000 OS map of Greenock etc. but the committee may waive this in extenuating circumstances. (Also Howwood is a bit far and I was hoping for a route from my backdoor)

Alan