Strava

Alan McLean

• Committee
The prob I have with strava is I keep forgetting to stop it!

Would be good if there was an option to "trim" a ride.

Everyday I get an email to tell me someone has stolen my qom.

Wait til the autumn gales. All eastbound KOMs will topple like ninepins. I have my eye on a few segments myself Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

for all strava users, if you have been pipped on the line or wonder how someone is so much faster than you, check out

http://raceshape.com

If you import the climb you are interested in, from your own run, or someone else, then click on the plus sign at the bottom of the page beside the name to compare against another run(s) You can then look at the segment and if you hover ove the map it will show a rerun of the section showing where they got away from you....

Not easy to describe but much easier to use

duncan

for example, see where Ramsay sticks it on the road on the Zooom segment.

http://app.strava.com/segments/1056658

My Nove Colli fitness is paying off as I am now in 2nd place on the 'Zoooom' run from Kilbirnie to LW with ave speed 23.3 mph!

Ramsey & Mark - better getyer finger out cos you are 17th and 18th respectively!

Paul - "Finger is out"! You are now third! ;-)

:grin:

Ahem, Paul is now 5th :grin::grin:

My Strava debut today. Haven't been out on the bike for a week and a half so the plan was a short Strava run....not much of a warm up so I know I can do better.

And I'm setting myself up to be toppled here (and it is on Marco's doorstep) but, for now at least, I'm KOM on The Big Dippler......I might retire now Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
I like it. Yet another way to analyse!

Duncan - did you pick Zooooom just because it was shamelessly snatched from me this afternoon. :-(;-)

How the mighty are fallen. Sorry ramsay, that was after my post. Who is the mysterious (Fast) Homer Simpson then....

cheers duncan

I would also like to know who Homer is since he took away my No. 1 spot on the Kilbarchan to Lochwinnoch track dash afetr only 24 hrs! I have looked at his start/finish points and they are very close to George's D's address. Is it you?

Every time time I see a fit looking cyclist on the track I am thinking "is that him" - pure paranoia!

I am still holding two other KOMs,though.

Ritchie - I do not think there is any honour in beating someone old enough to qualify for a bus pass!!

• 2023 Subscriptions
Who is the mysterious (Fast) Homer Simpson then....

Is he not the one with the one that has Duff beer in his water bottles, rides around with some girl with big blue hair and says "d'oh!" a lot? :-?

:lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions
Who is the mysterious (Fast) Homer Simpson then....

Is he not the one with the one that has Duff beer in his water bottles, rides around with some girl with big blue hair and says "d'oh!" a lot? :-?

Beer or not, he's got your number! Get back out there and show him.

Duncan

Disclaimer: in view of recent US claim by family of negligence against Strava I am not forcing anyone to speed or behave in a manner liable to cause injury or accident to person persons or property.

(I wonder if Charlie could look this over)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Have decided to not react to any more KOM challenges until September, when I finish this pesky course. :-( (Well, probably not..)

However, once I'm done, its game on!! Like Phil suggests, I'll find who has been taking my KOMs and hit their local area!! :rocketsOh ya dancer !:rocketsOh ya dancer !;-)

Lucky I'm not competative..... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Yeeeehaaa

Did 1072m in 1.58.58. And it's official on strava. If the challenge police (Alan) check they might think a discrepancy as finish height a bit higher on the map, this is because I finished at my house and I have the privacy setting that it does not show 500m around my house.

Route was basically every back road climb between Lochwinnoch and bridge of weir then some up Bowfield way.

Also I notice on my strava list that I actually achieved the challenge on 13th June, can only think the gps recalculated as I thought I was 7m short. Duncan - did this pre date your monumental achievement? :grin::grin:

Do I get to set new challenge then, do I, do I

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
Yeeeehaaa

Did 1072m in 1.58.58. And it's official on strava. If the challenge police (Alan) check they might think a discrepancy as finish height a bit higher on the map, this is because I finished at my house and I have the privacy setting that it does not show 500m around my house.

Route was basically every back road climb between Lochwinnoch and bridge of weir then some up Bowfield way.

Also I notice on my strava list that I actually achieved the challenge on 13th June, can only think the gps recalculated as I thought I was 7m short. Duncan - did this pre date your monumental achievement? :grin::grin:

Do I get to set new challenge then, do I, do I

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Chapeau and oh so close but one day too late

1145m in 1:58. 12 July. Oh ya dancer !

Duncan

Ps. Please think up a good challenge for Alan.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...