The Italian Trip (New thread)

The conversation today has whetted my appetite. Can someone give me a figure of the cost to fly out wed/thur with ba, cost of hotel & cost of event? I'm not booking anything until my event entry is accepted.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

George,

By my estimate, you are probably looking at £600-£700 depending on how much Italian wine you consume during your stay and the duration of your trip. Like Billy said, £150 flights if you book now, €50 event entry, €55 approx. per person per night for half board hotel and the rest is spending money.

However, I think getting the flights booked first is the priority, as entry should not be a problem since we are booking through Dante who I'm lead to believe help organises the sportive event. The entry opens beginning of November. A few are determine to do it that even without an entry, they would still go and hide at the back if need be, not recommended of course!

I will be booking my flights in the next few days, so if someone have manage to do so, can I suggest they post the flight numbers, so that everyone can be on the same flights.

Come on Goerge, it will be fun. :icon_yes

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Goerge,

Not sure about up front payment, Ritchie have been dealing with Dante, the hotelier. He is on holiday at the moment, so we wait till Ritchie comes back to sort that side out. I would imagine some form of deposit maybe to secure the rooms, I don't know!

My suggestion is keep up with this post for up to the minute updates.

Chung

Thats my flights booked.

I am booked

BA 2953/2560 out

Ba 2561/2963 back

From the Ba website it appears we are only allowed one piece of baggage: ---->

What to do with larger/bulky items:

You may take bags up to the dimensions 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75 x 29.5 x 25.5 inches), including the handle, pockets and wheels.

This allows you to take items such as sporting equipment and musical instruments at no additional cost as part of your free checked baggage allowance.

Any bags carried in addition to your free checked baggage allowance will incur an extra bag charge.

These larger bags can take longer to arrive from your flight and are generally delivered to a separate area of the baggage hall.

OOh la dolce vita!!

Paolo Cooperoni

Guys I got a txt from Ritchie earlier asking to post up on his behalf as he isn't back to the 24th/25th of the month, which I said I'd do. Text is as follows,

1) are we having a cut off date for the names of those going? We can work on the basis that registration is at the start of Nov, although it may be later.

2)If folk can take the time to read the whole thread or threads (can't remember what was in the original) or could you copy and paste all the relevant info I've put in and put it in one post? - (I'll try and do this at some point this week M)

3)There's a post in there saying that I (Ritchie) would need name/address/passport number etc for Dante.

4) I (Ritchie) am happy to be focal point for event/hotel booking. I'm ok about putting deposits on my cardas long as folk pay me back even if they have to pull out etc.

5) I think Chung found the info regarding registration but to clarify, Dante is part of the event organisation and he'll do us all. Don't know about any discounts etc. The hotel is in the town where the event starts and finishes.

6) I'll ® contact Dante regarding if folk have to say upfront what event they are doing.

7) I'll probably head out on the Thursday and I'm leaning to the short route....sorry

I see folk are booking flights soon. Is this before our registration is confirmed? dante's emails seemed relaxed in that we can send details in Nov and just book rooms later. (Ritchie suggested that we send him details to his e-mail address. I'm not adding that to a public forum as we can PM him instead)

text continues...

flights are as stated pricewise. 23kgs included in the price and free hand luggage but £30 fo another 23kgs in the hold. See BA's website.

That's it from Ritchie people. I'll have a trawl through the threads as see what I can find regards gems of info. Any Qs pm me (Mark) and I'll see what I can do. I'm going to suggest Ritchie and I sit down and pull things together regards info and pm all those who have shown an interest even if they are undecided as yet by the begining of Nov.

Cheers

Marko

Forza Il Joansin Italiano

• 2023 Subscriptions
Thats my flights booked.

I am booked

BA 2953/2560 out

Ba 2561/2963 back

From the Ba website it appears we are only allowed one piece of baggage: ---->

What to do with larger/bulky items:

You may take bags up to the dimensions 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75 x 29.5 x 25.5 inches), including the handle, pockets and wheels.

This allows you to take items such as sporting equipment and musical instruments at no additional cost as part of your free checked baggage allowance.

Any bags carried in addition to your free checked baggage allowance will incur an extra bag charge.

These larger bags can take longer to arrive from your flight and are generally delivered to a separate area of the baggage hall.

OOh la dolce vita!!

Paolo Cooperoni

Paul,

did they make any comments about baggage transfer between planes? By my reckoning you have only 55 minutes between flights in Gatwick on the way out. From previous skiing trips some airlines suggest 2 hours minimum to allow larger items of baggage to be transferred.

Not wanting to rain on the parade but would be a shame to have bike hassle on the way out. Coming back not so much of an issue.

Duncan

Booked Thursday but after reading Duncan post booked 1000 depart Glasgow 1455 depart for bologna to give more time for bike to get loaded flight numbers 2957 2562 returning Monday 1300 2561 2964

Chung they don't need notice provided it is within there sizes which is listed under sports equipment

Morning All,

Flights now booked Oh ya dancer ! . Had to do it over phone which was a pain but got some useful info.

Firstly, those who are definitely going but haven't booked flights I suggest you do so quickly. I was advised that the flights are filling up and the prices will start going up.

Secondly, I asked about baggage transfers at Gatwick as there have been a few concerns raised. The message I got was there shouldn't be a problem as the flights are served by the same terminal (North), however no cast iron guarentees. The flight to London is likely to have very little in the hold, it being the red eye, full of suits going to business meetings. Most likely our baggage will be sole contents of the hold. Nonetheless, what we are recommended do to help ourselves is advise BA that we are carrying bikes by updating your flight bookings via the website. This will give airport the heads up of potential additional baggage and allow them to deploy more baggage handlers at Gatwick.

Cheers

Mark