The Italian Trip (New thread)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie/Paul

Travel plans did revolve around slumming it on the choo choo frae Glengarnock, 18.51 did seem apt. Paul, very kind of you to offer your services, it would appear rude not to accept. I'll save you both the mystery tour to chateau O'Neill and will walk down to the end of Dipple Road for 7. Can meet you both there . Any change to arrangements my butler will be contactable on 07769 690825.

Cheers

M

• 2024 Subscriptions
Have a good one tonight chaps.

I'm currently at services just outside London on the M1.

It's been a long day so far :cry:

I'll have interweb access until tomorrow morning so hope to catch some sort of an update if anyone is sober enough

Hello, beer !!

Ritchie

Just wondering, when do plan on going out? Can you go on the Wednesday. If so, given our preference for BA, we could travel together.

Darryl

Darryl,

I have a mission on the go!

First stage was to get my annual leave period swapped for May which looks like going ahead Oh ya dancer !

Next stage will be getting Mrs C to let me go :-?

I will have to formulate a plan where I'll be saying things like:

'You'll never guess when the club are planning a trip?! Yes, during my annual leave'

and

'It'll only cost £xxx (actual cost minus £200)'

and

'PLEEEEAAAASE let me go!!!!' :oops:

Would love to go out on the Wed or Thurs but in reality, with childcare, Fri might be the best I can do.

I think I'll get to go. I'll mention it enough and take the huff so Jo will give in :grin:

Watch this space ;-)

• Life Members

Well, 11 of us came out and enjoyed a night of fine Italian wine & cuisine at Sartis, lots of food & refreshment but to be honest not much details have been confirmed for the trip. :shock:

However, I think there was a few points that was established such as:

1. There are 2 prefered going out dates, the Wendesday or the Thursday before the event.

(Just to confirm that the date of the ride is Sunday 20th May 2012)

Most returning on the Monday after.

2. Flying with British airways from Glasgow to Bologna via a change at Gatwick seems to be the prefer choice.

As far as I am aware, BA will allow check in baggage of up to 23kg, the dimension also caters for a bike box.

3. Flights will need to be booked individually, however it is recommended that be done ASAP as it will get busy very

soon.

4. We are not sure if Ritchie's contact Dante is organising hotel and entry as a package for all of us, please can

Ritchie confirm this. If so, where is the hotel in relation to the start area on the day?

Folks also want to know, how much roughly for the hotel per person per night? If you can confirm that would be great, Ritchie.

5. Most folks are doing the longer route, with a few still undecided. Does anyone know if you have an option to

choose which route to do on the day? Or is it once you have signed up for the chosen route, then that's it.

6. Next time we have a get together, find somewhere a bit more value for money. :shock:

If anyone have any other suggestion, please feel free to chip in.

Need to get the ball rolling quickly.

Personally, I will be booking my flights in the next few days!

The Italian food have really wetted my appetite!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi there again,

Just been looking back at Darryl original post, Ritchie have actually mentioned some of the details I posted above,

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5889

Everyone intended on going on this trip should have a look.

Also, Ritchie, can I suggest that and if it's o.k with you & everyone, that you be our contact person for the accommodation and entry with Dante. Tell us when we need to give you our entry details & money by, just tell us.

In that case, can everyone that are definitely going or seriously thinking about going post here as this would allow Ritchie to give Dante a party number to work with.

So, I'll start by saying, I am definitely going and will be travelling out on the Thursday, back on Sunday!

Speak soon everyone!

chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks for that Chung. I think you've covered everything. I am definitely going.

As far as I can recall (and that may not be very far at all ) Paul © myself Tom and Mark will be going out on Wednesday.

Thanks to all for a very enjoyable night. The group camaraderie has now been established. :grin:

Ciao, grazie,

Gunsonini

Davie,

Consensus on flights as per Chung's post. BA from Glasgow with change at Gatwick. Last time I looked prices were circa £140 return. Ritchie appears to have been implicated as billet organiser - what chance the hotel turns out tto be 4/5 nights in local nick :lol:

Advance party setting out on the Wednesday. Personally I'll be looking to book flights fairly shortly and await further feedback from Ritchie regards the hotel.

Forza il Joansin Italiano

M